1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellos! New to this wonderful site!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by crabshackin, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crabshackin

crabshackin Hi, I'm New Here!

Hello All,
    Wanting to stop here to teh welcome rock and introduce myself and all that. My name is Sara, I just recently started being, hmm I'll go ahead and say it already, obsessed with these little babies! Such amazing friends. I've done a lot of research before getting them. Had my tank cleaned out, and ready to go a few weeks before, I got my 3 PP's from a ehgg...pet store this was a little over a week ago.. This place... I couldn't believe the way they we're treating them, I brought a friend of mine that has owned over 80 crabs, knowing she is extremly knowledgable with me, THANK GOODNESS! The boy that was helping us, was hovering over the tank as if We couldn't reach in ourselves, was erking me. He would pick them up and kinda toss them around clanking up against each other in his hand. I finally picked 2 out, put them in my critter keeper (they kept asking me if this was going to be their home, I had to just laugh... shake my head no no and say absoultly not) We we're nervous because all the other dead crabs in the tank, my friend was giving them construtive crit, and what their postives we're. they didn't want to hear it. so my friend was just looking at the 2 i had, thinking they weren't the healthiest little babies, the old woman at the counter kept hollering, JOEY TAKE THESE CRABS AND DUNK THEM IN WATER! show them they are okay!! repeativly, it was so annoying. We told them not to do that. but now they are living it up in their luxurous new home. I went on a bit of a ramble there, I do suppose I can end this now =p You will defintly be seeing me around :) /hugs to all

Tootles !

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

WELCOME we understand the addiction with them here :D

3. spane116

spane116 (Micro Crab)

Welcome and glad to see your crabs have a good home now! Best of luck.

4. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

You better believe we understand the obsession! lol. It's great you have a friend who is so knowledgeable, many of us have to jump online in a panic when something is going wrong and hope someone is on to help, you sound like you have support just a phone call away! Post some pics of your crabs and your crabitat, we all love to share here!

BTW, aren't pet stores just awful? It sounds like Joey and the old lady need a good toss out the back door! Some people.

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Welcome! :)

6. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

welcome! i have had horrible expirences witht the pet store also. pet co sucks. they put my baby girl candy in a plastic cup full of DIRTY WATER! It was disgusting they do not know how to treat the poor hermies. i felt so bad for her and i had no intensions of buying a hermie that day.

7. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Welcome! Great job for researching before you get your hermit crabs!

8. kikee

kikee (Micro Crab)

Welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.