1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello=)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Bugaboo, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Hello my name is Joey (girl) I'm new here. I have 8 crabs and have only had them for less than 6 months but I'm still figuring it out=) so ill probably need lots of advice=)

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

good place to come! start reading the basic care sheets & if ya have questions people on here will help ya out. Just one big happy crabby family here.

3. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Thanks=) This site has helped tons!! I think I'm getting the hang of taking care of them=) the 8 pp's are in a 20L . Just having problems getting them to eat fresh natural food=/

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

if they have been fed commercial dry food it may take time, as far as fruit mine just like banana & apples { no peels } try cooking an egg in olive oil I didn't think mine would like it but they loved it & I bought a bag of walnuts & crushed some & they love them to. You just have to keep offering dif things, I keep cuttle bone in the tank at all times, if it gets grungy I take it out wash it with their water air dry it & put it back it, but replace it at least once a month. They could also be eating while you are not watching! They don't eat much. Try organic baby food, I heard of people pouring it plastic zip lock baggies lie it flat in freezer then when you want a hunk break a hunk off put in dish put rest in freezer, they say they love mango. I'm going to try it when I get back to Macomb Thursday, Mine like shrimp now to once I figured out how to not over zap it in the microwave! :hahahaha: fish oil capsules like as in the vitamins isle break one of those open and squirt in their food bowl, talk about slurpin it up baby! you will end spending more money on food for these crabs than you do your self if you don't watch it! the hubby kind of got ticked off when he found the 6$ bag of shrimp in the freezer & I spent 7$ on walnuts, now when he see me have food in my hand he says what's that for the crabs???? :scream:

5. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Yes they were on the commercial food until I found out it wasn't good for them. I keep cuttlebone in the tank at all times. I've tried grapes strawberries almonds and the fish oil. I think I might try scrambled egg and shrimp tonight. I changed the substrate to EE almost 2 weeks ago and most of them have been under since=/ I haven't had a molt yet so I'm staying prepared and making sure they have good food.

6. Holly12

Holly12 Guest

Hello Bugaboo welcome to the forum I am so very new on here myself I have benn dealing with PP purple pinchers for 3 years this is a great site. :welcome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.