1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, new member here...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by LilDarlin79, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilDarlin79

LilDarlin79 Hi, I'm New Here!

I am new to this site but not completly new to crabs entirely. I have owned several in my lifetime just I didn'y have the correct info on how to care for these interesting creatures. Now that I have the correct info on care, I started up with a 30 gallon main tank, 10 gallon isolation tank and three small crablets. So far I am still in observation mode, something else that the pet stores don't tell you to do. They are quite active and seem right at home in their new environment. But I did have a quick question for anyone who can help. My gauge is reading the humidity is at 90-100%. Is it healthy for the humidity to be that high or do I need to let the lid crack a bit and give more air circulation? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

2. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

Welcome. You'll get lots of good advice on this site. Yes, your humidity is too high. Maybe you could vent the lid a little to bring it down. you want it to be within 70-80% Good luck with your crabbies and welcome again!

3. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

Also, you may want to check to see that your humidity guage is giving you an accurate reading. Quite often, they are not. There is more info here.

4. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Hi and welcome i hope you find everything you need on here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.