1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Im new here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by HermitDude, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermitDude

HermitDude "Never Molted"

Hey,
    I am new here i had crabs a long time ago well actually a couple years ago but i was in the pet store and they had Midget Hermit Crabs.(some of the names places come up with) and i still had all my supplies left so i got one. I have a salt water fish tank so i have a constant supply of salt water for him i am planning on getting him/her some buddys lol. I named it Shelby lol... I have Calci-Sand for the substrate and a fresh and salt water bowl a hermie hut, chola wood, and extra shells. I will take some pics who knows how long it will take lol... Sorry about Rambeling on lol...

But Just wanted to say Hey to everyone

Caleb

2. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

Hello and welcome. [​IMG]
    It sounds like you have all your basics down. One thing I'd like to point out is the calci-sand. It's not a great substrate, but makes a nutritious snack. If you have any left over aquarium sand, that makes a great subtrate. Play sand and coconut fiber are also popular choices.

It's great that you decided to keep hermit crabs again. Can't wait to see pictures of Shelby and his soon-to-come friends. [​IMG]

3. Jason

Jason Moderator

It seems Crazeecrabber103 beat me to the punch.

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

We hope you enjoy your time here, almost as much as playing with your hermies. [​IMG]

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.