1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! I'm from Indonesia

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by sen4ever, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sen4ever

sen4ever Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm glad to join this community. I bought my first crab 6 months ago. Now, I have most LHC species that live here in Indonesia. I have brevimanus (indos), violascens, rugosus, cavipes, and perlatus (strawberry). My favourite crab is a jumbo dark coloured (almost black) strawberry. I just bought a large coenobita purpureus. It's from Japan. It's also my favourite crab. Nice to meet you guys..

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

your very blessed to have those species available to you- WELCOME

3. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

are those land hermit crabs?

4. sen4ever

sen4ever Hi, I'm New Here!

Helo haleye1997. Yes, those are land hermit crabs. As far as I know, c.cavipes, c.violascens, c.perlatus(strawberry), c.rugosus, and c.brevimanus(indos) can be found here and I also have all those species. The biggest species of LHC, Birgus Latro, known as the coconut crab, also can be found here. I have had it once, it was very large. The longest leg was about 60cm. No PP or ecuadorian LHC here, unless imported from america.

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

That's awesome that you live in Indonesia! Welcome to HCRU!:) We obviously have members from all over the world!:)
    ps Sorry that I overuse smily faces;). Unfortunately you can only use 4:(. I've reached my limit.

6. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Welcome! You are very lucky to have all those species. Some of you may better know them as Ruggies, Indos, Violas, Cavies, and Straws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.