1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone in crabbydom

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by Mckenny, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

*****Alrighty all you :)"Crabby Peeps":)****** starting in June, we are going to have a "CRAB PALACE" contest. We need pictures of your Crabbitat or Crabby Home for all de hermies, but, we need to do a poll to see how many different sized crabitats everyone has.

The contest will be divided into several groups of sizes to make it fair, and will be our contests for the summer. To further explain, June may be 30 gallons or less, July, 55 gallons or less, August 90 gallons or less, etc. These are just examples---I won't know how the break-down will be until we do the poll.

If you have more than one setup, you can vote more than once in this poll.

Please--Please--Please-- everyone participate so I can get the contest started for June.

:DA BIG PINCER SALUTE TO YOU ALL :D

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I love that idea! :D Right now I have a ten gallon, but I am looking to upgrade to a 55gallon. I'm not sure, though, because the person on craigslist won't reply!

3. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

Same here, I have a 20L and want a 40b so I may be upgrading soon too. I voted the 20l so as of right now I have a 20L but if I get a 40b then I may have to change my vote.

4. Mckenny

I understand, so not a problem. Everyone will have 12 days to enter their info on the poll, or until May 25th midnight, Eastern Standard time.
    I'll tally the responses and do a break down from those numbers into categories. Thanks...:)

5. spidtat

spidtat (Micro Crab)

I always say the bigger the better when it comes to crab tanks so go as big as you can afford and have enough space for.:)

6. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

WHat if I have different sized crabitats? Then can I enter in two contests?:D I clicked two bubbles because I have two tanks.

7. Mckenny

Unfortunately no. There is only one entry per contest. You would have to choose which of your tanks you would like to enter. :)

8. cococrisp

Ok. I'll enter in the bigger one.
    THanks

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  9. Mckenny

:) Thanks to everyone who have responded to the poll thus far. :)

10. Mckenny

:) Just a Reminder :)
    If you haven't done so yet, please select what size of tank, etc. you have in our poll. If you have more than one you can select them as well.
    Thanks...:)

11. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

the poll only lets you choose once I think

12. Mckenny

I thought so too Hermez but there's a little check box towards the bottom of the setup that allows you to select a single entry or more than one entry.
    I think the catch is that once you vote you can't come back and vote again for another tank, just like in the single voting.

So when anyone votes for their tank sizes, make sure you vote for them all at the same time. :)

13. Laughs O Lot

The person on cragislist still won't reply! It's been ages! Should I just check the box off for the ten gallon or just wait?

14. cococrisp

How long has it been? I would try to reply to someone else.

15. Mckenny

Go ahead and check your 10 gallon Laughs O Lot...it won't affect how you enter in the contest. I just need an idea on the sizes so I know how to set up the contest.
    When the contest starts, you can enter whatever tank you want, the poll won't affect your choice.:)

Also, it's been my experience that when they don't answer after a week on Craig's List, that person has usually sold it. They just don't take the time to take the add off of the list---which is a real bummer.
    I'd start searching again like Cococrist said.

16. cococrisp

Sometimes when it's a really good deal or free (once I found a free 100+50 gallon tank) they don't even have one and just post to see what people say.:mad: Once someone selling a 55 gallon tank plus light for $10 told me I could have it and when I called them 10 minutes later they said that they were giving it to someone that very moment. The thing I hate about looking for tank is you have to enter the following search words:
    Terrarium
    Terrariums
    Aquarium
    Aquariums
    Tank
    Tanks
    and do all that in both the "For sale /wanted" and "Community pets" sections so I just do a daily search of those words plus "Hermit crab" Hermit crabs".

17. Laughs O Lot

Thanks! I just found a 54 gallon corner tank with glass versatrop and oak trim for $54. What do they mean by coner tank and what is a glass versatrop?

Now I found a better deal: a 55gallon aquarium with stand plus lighting for $40. Do you think the person will let me buy it without the stand?
    This search strategy really helps!

18. Mckenny

A corner tank is basically in the shape of a V, and is designed to sit in the corner of a room. If memory serves me correctly, Versa Top is a name used by All Glass Aquariums and is a glass top for tanks.

When the ad reads tank and light, check with them to see if the hood or glass top is included as well. If not, you'll have to buy it, which for a 55 gallon will be at least $40 or more extra you'll have to spend.
    If that's the case, sometimes it may not be such a great deal. (just my opinion):)

19. cococrisp

You can buy a plexiglas lid for cheap. I bought one for my 75 gallon for $14. Take the stand as well if they are selling it for $40. That seems like a good deal. Make sure they are near you because you don't want to end up telling you parents you just signed up for driving 3 hours to pick up a tank. I've done that.:eek: Did'nt realize seattle was so big.:eek:

20. Mckenny

Good grief!! $14 for a plexi glass top? Lowes wanted $42 and another place wanted $46. I don't know how thick yours is though because I wanted a medium-thick piece to support my aquarium "strip" lights. I really am glad I went with the glass tops though, I really love them.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.