1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HBH hermit crab cookies...Anyone ever tried this treat?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by HermiesRsweet, Dec 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermiesRsweet

HermiesRsweet Hi, I'm New Here!

I was wandering if anyone has any of the HBH Hermit crab cookies. Here is a link http://www.petco.com/product_info.asp?sku=0911220015&dept_id=%2D2 it doesn't show you the lable or ingredients so I was wandering if anyone has seen this in the stores and whether the ingedience ar OK or not.

edited title by adding HBH hermit crab cookies...

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

The very last ingredient is Ethoxyquin which is a synthetic anti-oxidant used in many pesticides and preservatives. It has recently become a frequent topic of discussion on many boards. I would not purchase any foods with this ingredient. The toxic properties can build up over time and thus cause a shortened life span for your crabs. Look for more natural foods to feed them, such as Kaytee Healthy Toppings (in the bird section). Mine just adore the carrots & greens mixed with the coconut and raspberries. There are no preservatives in them [​IMG]

3. thehermitshack

thehermitshack "Never Molted"

[​IMG]Ethoxyquin! I know those do have it in it. The package is nice but that is all. Stay away.

4. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Definitely agreed. Please stay away from any and all animal foods containing Ethoxyquin. Our crabs love Roasted Seaweed ( [​IMG] Thanks Wendy) They also love FMR food and treat, and Garners Hermit Crab food. Well, they really love a lot off food, there is a "safe food list" in our Foods, Treats, & Home Recipes section, by CudaCrabby. There are also a lot of other Threads in the same forum about other foods the our members have successfully tried with their crabbies. There is also a "Cookbook" in Stacey and Summer's book called "The Hermit Crab Source Book," which is available by going to our Front-page and clicking Reputable Online Stores. Not only is the "Cookbook" awesome, but the whole book is! Anyone who does not have this book, I suggest you get it!!!!!!!!!

5. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG]Thanks Jenny, we deffinatly need to add more to the safe food and treat list.. Gona have to do some more checking into other goodies and get them added to that list for everyone.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.