1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Any1 Attempted to Add on the main tank???

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by HermitPaws, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

Hi i was woundering if any1 has tryed adding on to the TOP of the tank to get more room??? if so, howed you do it???

Im running out of options and mom won't let me buy a tank gigger then a 2 gal...Sheesh

if i dont do something Soon, im going to hafta Sell :(

Thanks

2. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

Any 1???????

3. Crabmier

Crabmier (Micro Crab)

I actually have three levels in my tank. The lowest has crushed coral for substrate(about 1 in. deep) and is seperated by a sheet of plexiglass. Then, the second level is EE and is about 6in. deep. Then, I made a top story with little caddys for your shower. I got mine from Wal-Mart pretty cheap. Anway, I covered it with a coconut sheet, because the original was just boring plastic. :p Then dumped a bunch of moss in it... My hermies love it! I also have a level (same height as top) with the floor being made of plexi glass and about an inch of EE. You'd have to make a barrier(also of plexi glass) so the substrate won't fall out. My hermies love their top levels and are always going around from level to level...almost like they don't know which one they want to go to.:D

4. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

I used to have half of a second level in my 30 gallon tank.

I took a thin tray with a lip on it and suspended it using hooked suction cups.

It was set up so my crablings could use the driftwood (placed in the middle of the tank) to climb to the second, mossy level.

Meg

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:confused:I have seen people combine 2 10 gallon tanks into one but I don't know how?:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.