1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handling Your Hermit Crabs?

Discussion in 'You Are In: POLL Parade - Just! Poll's.' started by pblove, Feb 13, 2005.

?

Just want to see what or how others view "playing" or handling their hermit crabs?

1. I take them out and/or play with them everyday

100.0%
  2. I only handle them when cleaning their tank, toys, baths etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I do not play with or handle them unless I have to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I think it causes them too much stress to handle them.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

2. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

I don't handle my crabs often, but I do pick up one every now and then for fun. Some of my crabs clearly get stressed out when handled, so I leave those guys alone as much as possible. Sadly, my Straw is one of the ones who is hands-off.

My husband probably handles the crabs more than I do. He'll decide that one or another needs "help". He is certain that they are stuck, can't find the food dish, etc. (But one time he was right -- I did have a crab get stuck in a corkbark curl. Fortunately my husband intervened, because I would have assumed that the crab just liked that spot and ate and drank late at night.)

3. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

Pretty much ditto what moire said. Sometimes when my boyfriend is over he'll want to bring one out to play, but there are certain ones that we just don't bother.

4. HermieFan

HermieFan "Never Molted"

I get mine out about once a week. I want them to be used to being handled and not to be afraid of us.
    Jodie

5. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

Yeah, I've had my hermit for about a month, and he's just started getting used to me!!! I can't wait until he gets 100% trustworthy for me!!!

6. osippi

osippi Hi, I'm New Here!

I handle my crabs everyday, if not, THAT'S when they get stressed. I've owned Alteaque for 4 years, so she loves it! and I've owned Clawdette for over 3 1/2 years, Garfield for 1 year, Little Buddha and Trix, I just got yesterday, so Im not handling those 2 everyday until they get used to me and the other crabsies! lol =)

7. hermit_crabs_rule

hermit_crabs_rule "Never Molted"

I ALWAYS play with m hermit crabs.They love it.My strawberry always likes to hold onto things, including fingers!It doesn't pinch fingers,though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.