1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had our first sucessful molt!!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by LSHermies, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSHermies

LSHermies (Micro Crab)

Woohoo!
    Harry is finally back up and is all hairy and has the sharpest nails.
    He switched out of his painted shell. We have only 1 more that needs to switch shells.
    We have 2 others down under. I had 5 but the other 2 up did not molt. Guess they decided to hang out under for two weeks. Harry was under for about a month.
    My son is going to be so excited.

2. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

Congrats :D

Meg

3. Donna M

Donna M "First Molt, A Success"

Congratulations! I just had my first successful molt, too! Isn't it a relief? Mine was down for about 5 weeks and it was making me crazy. I was so afraid he was going to not make it! I like to think that judging by the fact that the crabs made it, we must be doing something right!

Glad you made it through your first molt. Personally, I'd rather not go through it again, but I guess that wish will never happen! LOL!

Donna M.

4. LSHermies

LSHermies (Micro Crab)

lol
    Well the daycare parents keep looking for crabs. I just tell them Yep they are boring...lol
    There are 5 up now and 3 down....but 2 of the 5 burry down all the way during the day. So we have 2 that the kids can see but they are sleeping. My son accepted they must do this and he is patient. I am suprised. He is waiting for his favorite crab to surface...it has been 2 weeks for that one. Hopefully he will only have another week to go...he is a small too. My Rose has been down about a month now. I am nervous about her. I am hoping she did not die. She is small and has a lot missing. But so did Harry and he just came up and did a shell change...
    As they say the waiting is the hardest part. I do not know how one can do a deep clean if someone is always down. I was hoping the others were molting and kind of disapointed when they came up and did not...oh well...

5. hermie 5

hermie 5 "Preparing For First Molt"

Yeah Blues clue resurfaced!!!! He has been down since before thanksgiving. I saw him this morning in the food bowl, I was hoping he would change out of his dreadful shell, but no such luck I just checked on him and he is back down. I think some crabs just live underground. He is not very exciting.

6. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Recently a few of my crabs have molted, come up for a few days and then go back down for a few weeks. Very frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.