1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Medusa8, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Sounds awesome! I'm impressed. I'll have to figure out how to get the pictures somewhere you can view them.

2. Medusa8

Medusa8 Hi, I'm New Here!

Sounds great. I think one of my hermies is molting. Very exciting. I hope she makes it through. They all are extremely active which is very fun to watch.

3. MissHaze

MissHaze "Never Molted"

Sadly I know how you feel. My health at 30 is not what I had hoped. :rolleyes: That is why I have my little shelled wonders. Welcome. And I LOVE the name Medusa. Of course I love greek mythology too.:)

4. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

ummmm * Sneaks in back door* HI and hope you don't mind a late welcome.

5. Medusa8

Any welcome is a good one, late or not. Miss Haze, sorry about your health. I love sitting and watching my Hermies. They're actually pretty active during the day which is strange. Just Ash and Medusa though, LB and Houdini hide out.

I'm so excited! All three of my new ones have changed out of their nasty painted shells and into some natural ones. Ash did it just now, and it took him a good 10 minutes to do so. I just have sat here watching him waver back and forth. LB was the most interesting by far, sticking first his feeder claw, then one of his legs in, then his antennae. He bounced in it and just sat there and would pop in to hide, then stand up, then hide then stand up. He did it about 5 times then seemed happy and trotted off. I was laughing with my fiance, since you could almost hear the little guy thinking about whether or not he'd be safe in it.

6. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

So it looked like he was kinda trying it on and seeing how well he retracts into it? That's cool. I came into the room where the hermit crab tank was and found out that I just missed a shell change! And he was still trying out the shell, poking out and retracting like you described.

7. Medusa8

He was. It is was adorable to see. He was so eager to get into a new shell too. I had just gotten back from the craft store, and had boiled the shells clean. It wasn't in the tank for 5 minutes before he changed into it. We had shells in the tank already, but none were good enough apparently.

8. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Welcome to HCRU!!! It's good to have people like you here who care alot about all animals!!!

9. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Welcome! My tortoise was called "ShyGuy" for a while untill we named him Mo.Sounds like you have a great home for your hermies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.