1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings and Salutations and...Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Winter, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter

Winter "Never Molted"

Hello! I'm new, as you can tell, and I wanted to introduce myself before I started my panic post that will probably appear within the next few minutes. It seemed like common courtesy.

My name is Winter (...obviously that's my real name...obviously...) I am seventeen years old, living in Pennsylvania. I'm completely in love with animals and have always wanted a cat and a rabbit, but it seems everyone but me is allergic so no can do. I have two dogs, one beta fish (technically my step-dad's) and three hermit crabs. Their names are (from biggest to smallest) Gwendal, Jupiter and Pietro Tyson. The last one has two names, Pietro because he's stupidly fast and Tyson because even though he's the smallest he still marched around trying knocking everyone over (and he seems to fall and roll every five seconds). It doesn't really work but it doesn't stop him from trying.

I got the hermit crabs recently on my vacation to Cape May. I won't ask advice now or get into the details of how I fail at life just yet. That can come after I've introduced myself. So yes...hi! This seemed like a good community for hermit crabs, and I'm going to need all the support I can get! I hope we can get along as I love hermit crabs and am determined to get this right. There's just so much more to it then you'd expect!

2. Livada

Livada (Micro Crab)

"Panic post", that made me lol. Anyways...hi and welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here! :D If you can, post some pictures of your crabbies for us!

3. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Welcome! This forum has enough people that you'll get your questions answered quickly and correctly, but not so much people that you won't be able to get to know anyone. In other words, it's(arguably) the best hermit crab forum on the internet:D!

4. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Welcome! :) I love your name by the way! And what OneOnion said about this forum is so true!

5. Winter

Winter "Never Molted"

:eek: Well it's definitely the best I've seen, and I think I've been reading around...five or six hermit crab forums simultaneously since I got them. According to my mom I've officially fallen off the deep end into Hermit Land. Yay me!

6. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Haha, we've all fallen off the deep end into hermie land...I seroiusly love the fact that Vicki named her store the "Addiction Store" because it's totally that...an addiction...

7. deedeeiam

deedeeiam "First Molt, A Success"

True ture emmac! And welcome winter...although I'm partial to fall...

8. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

You know, deedee, I had a friend named Autumn...

9. Winter

Winter "Never Molted"

Ha, well autumn is awesome too. I just love winter because someone has to. It's really a very under appreciated season you see.

I've never met anyone named Autumn or Winter, but I met someone named Summer once. :D

10. MissHaze

MissHaze "Never Molted"

I love your name. I also LOVE winter it is my favorite season. Guess I am strange...oh well. LOL. Welcome to the most crabtastic crab site around. Hope you enjoy your little shelled wonders. PICS?

11. Winter

Winter "Never Molted"

No, no pics yet I'm afraid. I don't have a camera of my own and I haven't been able to borrow one until now. Won't do me much good though considering they've all buried themselves LOL. And it's ok, we can be weird together. Winter is my favorite season too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.