1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GreaT ProducT HerE

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by Eric, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Click Link Below:

http://petdiscounters.com/small_animal/reptile/maintenance/im_tropic_aire.html

Designed to create a healthier environment for reptiles and amphibians from tropical and subtropical regions. This unique device constantly supplies your terrarium with fresh, humid air. Eliminates the need for hand spraying, except when needed for dew licking animals. We have successfully used a similar device for several years with our hermit crabs. For use with up to a 55 gallon tank. Unit sits external to the terrarium, so it can be easily hidden from view. Only the thin output tube sits inside the tank. To use, you simply fill the humidifier tank with water to the fill line. The sponge inside the tank will become moist and saturate the air above the water. This fresh, humid air is then pumped off into your terrarium. (Click on the image on the right to see a larger view.)

Uses a standard aquarium air pump, which must be purchased separately. When choosing an air pump, choose a model that produces enough air for an aquarium that is the same size as your terrarium so that the air in the terrarium is exchanged once every hour. . (In other words, choose a bigger pump for bigger tanks.) Each unit stands approximately 12" tall with a 4" x 4" footprint. Includes the humidifier tank and cover, (2) suction cups, output nozzle with 4 air outlets, humidifying sponge, air diffuser, and air supply tube.

Note: For this unit to work properly, your cage must have a glass or plastic top to retain moisture. Screen tops will allow all of the moisture to escape out to the surrounding room and may not allow the humidity level of the tank to rise.

2. thehermitshack

thehermitshack "Never Molted"

Have you used this? I would like to know how well. Looks interesting.

3. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Hi Eric,
    Yes, we do use the Tropic Aire in our 40b, and yes it works wonders! When we first got our 40b we had a hard time keeping the humidity right, so we found this and decided to give it a shot! It keeps our 40b at a steady humidity of about 76, never goes below 74, unless we do a major tank cleaning. I will let Cappa explain to you about the air pump we use for it, as we had to upgrade from the one we originally bought.

Jenny

4. thehermitshack

thehermitshack "Never Molted"

[​IMG] Cool I am going to look into it. Also I see you are an Eagles fan coming from philadelphia. Hopefully my Giants will be playing for first place when we play each other again.

5. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I just ordered one from thehermiehut for 11.99,
    now to fork over the big bucks for the air pump! Does anyone know where I can get a decent price on an air pump for a 75g?

6. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

I know Cappa can answer this question when he gets home later. I forget what size our air pump pumps up till.

7. hermielove

hermielove Hi, I'm New Here!

Air Pump

I bought this air pump to work with this humidifier. It's for a 60 gal tank.. but should work with your 75.

I can't wait to get the humidifier and pump! [​IMG] If it works well, I'll buy another of each to go on my other big tank as well.

Lucky

8. kuplakrabs

Thanks Lucky,
    I just-literally-just got my air pump delivered from petdiscounters! I ended up getting the Penn Plax Silent Air X5 for up to 80 gallons. I am ecstatic to try it out! I hope it's quiet or my hubbie will give me grief [​IMG]

9. kuplakrabs

Okay, I'm all hooked up with my tropicaire, so why don't I feel any air coming out of the hose? Is my pump too small? Should I even feel the air coming out....Hmmm-Cappa or Jenny what do you think?

10. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Kupla,

Sorry for the delay. You will not feel much air coming out at all. How far is the tube from the pump to the Tropic Aire then to the tank, Our is a good 6 feet and we have no problems. Just close your tank and keep it running. Check your Humidity gauges and if you were having a humidity problem you should notice an increase in humidity as the days go by. Try and keep it filled with fresh water as much as possible. It last a good 2 to 3 weeks before needing a refill most of the time. I believe the pump we bought is suitable up to 60 gallon and we have no problems. I know the stronger the better. I purchased one with a rheostat so I could adjust the air flow and in turn adjust the humidity but we have found we always leave it on high air flow to work the best! We also so not use the long hard tube with holes in it in the tank we just sneak the tube itself from the Tropic Aire into the back of the middle of the tank and it seems to work well. We leave a large shell under the tube in place by the sand to catch any water the tropic Aire sometimes spits out the tube when it is totally filled with water. Anymore questions, just ask.

Cappa [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.