1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Guest

My only indo, Goten passed away a few days ago. I'm not quite sure what brought him down, though I have a feeling the sudden onset of winter cold had something to do with it.

I'd adopted him 11 months ago, and  during the short time that I've had him, he was always very shy and quiet...

He never was very active, and he liked nothing better than sleeping for long periods of time, then waking up only to binge on whatever happened to be in the food dish, followed by soaking for hours in the freshwater dish.

I'll always remember my gentle purple giant...  :(

2. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Sorry for your loss, Shadow. I've had Indo's behave just like your Goten, sleeping for days then binging. Most died in the water dishes. I think Indos are more sensitive then other species and do not adjust well in captivity, JMO.

Again, I am sorry for your loss.  :pinkr2:

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Sorry for your loss  :tear:--they are an unusal species........ :dontknow:

4. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

So sorry for your loss! He sounds like he was a beautiful crab! :tear:

5. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

So sorry for your loss, Shadow  :tear:

6. crabcrazy

crabcrazy Guest

I am so sorry :crybaby2:

7. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm so sorry to hear that Shadow.  Indo's are my second favorite crab (Es are first).  I have 2 and I rarely see them.  Honestly, I go sometimes a month without seeing Beaker.  Tune is a little more social, but not too much.  They are very solitary crabs.  I too see them as gentle giants, I've never been pinched by either of them, unlike my Es.

I hope you can one day get some more.  He had a great home and life with you.

8. hermiesrokmysox

hermiesrokmysox (Large Crab)

I am sorry about your Indo. It's still cool that you got to own one. I've never seen one in real life before! Like you said, theyseem to be more fragile of the crabby species. RIP Goten