1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gossip from Wal-Mart...

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by hermitaddictedmama, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermitaddictedmama

hermitaddictedmama Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi all..I went to WallyWorld couple days ago. This one by me in Pewaukee WI does an ok job, considering. (They have their hermies in a 5 g tank (as per WM rules a of October 2006) with light, a climbey & a coco hut donated by employee that had hermits, 2/3 calci-sand the guy buys himself, and 1/3 gravel per corporate rules..He dechlor's their water (I gave him some) Anyhow, the main fish guy told me that they may be discontinuing Hermits!!! Basically it boils down to what sells and what doesnt, company-wide. For example, his angel fish sell very well, but maybe in some other town even in the same state, they may not. They could be d/c. So hopefully the will quit carrying LHCs.!! This will be effective sometime in April or May according to my source..hehe

Dont know if or not this is the correct place for this info...please move me if needed?

2. courtastic

courtastic Hi, I'm New Here!

i hope they discontinue them... especially if their employee has to care for them out of his own pocket!

3. jengstro

jengstro (Micro Crab)

That is good news, I wish all WM's would do the same, those crabs are in such terrible conditions, although your store sounds alot better than the one here, these poor babies are in the cups, with gravel and nothing else, makes me wanna cry:( !!!

4. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

our walmart up here doesnt have a live animals section they dont even sell fish

5. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

I have never seen a Wal-mart That has hermit crabs,and i should know my uncle is the manager of the biggest Walmart in georgia. He drags his family all over to the walmarts. One time he even made us do inventory @ his walmart. We were visiting him.

6. Itsy

I wish everyone who doesnt know how to take proper care of hermit crabs or any animal for that fact wouldnt sell them. I say leave it up to the breeders or experienced handlers because they actually know what there doing for the most part.

7. Itsy

Oh and crabby beach there only sold in selected stores and they do the terrible crab in a cup. A small cup with just gravol on the bottem no food no water.

8. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Wel, I've never seen a crab in Walmart probably cause I haven't looked..:)

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

Ours sells fish but no crabs. Hubby's best friend is a Mgr at a wallmart back east and I give him heck each time I see him. NO SELLING CRABS. He says his store doesnt have them

10. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

That's tetrrible There should be a law against that.

11. Itsy

I agree they should have the same laws for any animal that they do for cats and dogs cats and dogs are protected by laws why not protect other animals. They think that they can treat any small animals like crap just because there isnt laws to protect them and there should be laws.

12. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

yeah, and they also do the same for their Bettas... which in a way I could understand, because they fight each other, but still, I don't know if they even get fed, and it makes me sad to know hermies are treated just like the fish~! :(

13. hermitaddictedmama

hermitaddictedmama Hi, I'm New Here!

Re: Gossip from Wal-Mart...UPDATED

Hello all!!! The WM person who told me of the up-coming possible discontinuance of LHC's and some fish said it is a go!! YaaaHOOO!! They ARE d/c hermies at the WM's in WI at least. I called one WM in a town near us, and they have no hermits and the tank is gone..I sooo happy...

So...if any fellow crabberettes and crabbers have WallyWorlds that have C-I-C you might call them and see if they are still carrying them..

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.