1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye, Pluto

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by CrabbyCat, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrabbyCat

CrabbyCat Hi, I'm New Here!

Haven't logged in awhile...been busy, just wanted to say Pluto has died :(He was buried for a few months, and I was getting worried, so I dugg around....I found his shell and what looks like a dead, dried hermie, and an exoskeleton. I think a molt went bad.

buhbye, lil guy.

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

:( I'm so sorry. Poor little Pluto. At least he's having fun in hermie heaven right now. Maybe he met some of my hermies there.

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Sorry Pluto died. I like that name. They probably just don't make it through the molt sometimes even with the best of care. You should make him a little Hermie grave. I did that with Snap and Kiwi. I had a hard time with adoptions. Kiwi and Snap did not make it through the stress and came from hamster cages with commercial food and gravel. I wish everyone in the world took perfect care of hermit crabs and everyone here does a great job but everyone on this forum isn't everyone with crabs. You gave Pluto a great life while he was with you. I'm sorry.

4. Bumble

Bumble (Micro Crab)

I'm sorry for your loss. How long did you have Pluto?
    I have a few buried for a few months and am thinking the worst. I don't smell the smell, though.

5. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes no matter what we do for them something can still go wrong. As Laughs O Lot said, he's in hermie heaven now, probably making good friends with my Mario and all the other little hermies we've lost.

Bumble, sometimes they can take a few months. Is there a chance they are coming out and you aren't knowing it because they are sneaky little buggers? :)

6. Bumble

Bumble (Micro Crab)

Nope. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen one of them for close to 4 months now. Right around the time it got cold here, most of them went under. I've had 3 active lately, and can see one of the bigger ones down for a molt, so I'll just hang out and see what happens. I. can. resist. the. urge. to . dig. :)

7. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I too am sorry about your loss Crabbycat...:(

8. spane116

spane116 (Micro Crab)

Sorry for your loss, :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.