1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good bye Mr. Crabs

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by Mommy2Crabs, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

My first hermit crab died sometime between last Thurs. and last nite (Mon). He had been sick as some of you know. I left him alone in front of some food, water and honey hopeing that he would be enticed to eat. He didn't move. I found out he was dead when my crab Crazy tipped him over to peak at him. Mr. Crabs claw just hung out of his shell. I cried. I really tried everything for him. My tank is perfect. The other crabs are all healthy and active. I still feel responsible for the little guys death. What did I do wrong? I ask myself that over and over again. I guess maybe I'm too sensitive, but I really feel aweful. Thanks for letting me get all this out.:(

2. Stephen2342

Stephen2342 "Preparing For First Molt"

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( It's always hard to lose a pet and not know the cause. How long had you had Mr. Crabs? Maybe he had a pet store illness/sickness/fungus/infection?

3. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

I was told he had PPS (post purchase syndrome). I think everyone was right. He was a little guy. Maybe captivity was too hard for him? The pet store where I bought him didn't care for the crabs right. That's why I bought all of them from them. I thought maybe I could save them all. But I guess I didn't.:(

4. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

P.S. I had him for 3 weeks. Even though it was a short time, he was so cute and sweet.:)

5. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

I think we all go through that when we have a death. I know I did. PPS is not you. Mr. Crabs did not have the energy and strength to make it through.

You do have the others, who are adjusting nicely. :p

6. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

Thank you for your kind words. I really needed to hear that. I am feeling a little better now. Thanks to you, I would have never known what was going on with him in the first place. I am really happy I am not in the dark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.