1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good and bad.

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Hermie's rule, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

The petstore I go to has wood chips in the bottom of the crab tank and NO food or water! Once I got a very dehydrated crab from there.:mad:

2. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

write the head office and tell them about the condtions the crabs are living in or try and talk to the manager. See if anything along that lines will help. Or check out the laws that protect animals.

3. Hermie's rule

Problem is I don't wish to get into a legal stuffff..Maybe they'll change. Oh..and I'd hate to know what the humidity in that tank is too! It's gotta be dry..enough said by me.

4. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

try talking to the manager like i said try and tell him the conditions those little guys need if you dont say something innocent crabbies could be dieing

5. Hermie's rule

Itsy, I'm only thirteen. Mom won't let me talk to the manager about the crabs. There's only one place I saw that treated their crabs nicely. That is a pet store at Virginia Beach. They've got about 40 hermies crammed into a 20 gal. wire cage with a HUGE bowl of food and water! All of the crabs were very healthy and active. They had some HUMONGOUS hermies inthe cage along with some TINY hermies too.

6. CrabCurious

CrabCurious "Never Molted"

Try explaining to your mom the conditions they need, or printing up a good care sheet, then ask your mom to talk to them about it... hopefully she would want the crabs to be treated correctly. If she saw a puppy in there with no food and water wouldn't she want to help?

7. Hermie's rule

She'd boycott the store! :) LOL Yes, my mom knows about the cond. that hermit crabs need. She knows some about the cond. at the pet store. Besides, my mom says that the pet store sells their crabs so fast that the owners figure it's not worth putting food and water in the cage. Still, the end doesn't justify the means so. I don't care what the pet store's reasons are for not doing the thing in question, it's still cruelty. Besides my hermie I got from that store is doing GREAT! and has just started molting. :)

8. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Yeah why don't you do that hermies rule?

9. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Well it's a good thing you saved it. Also that's bad.:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.