1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gills (etc)

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by NotaMallard, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

There's a store that popped up near my house, saying that they specialize in reptiles and marine fish. The first thing I looked at, naturally, was the hermit crab tank... there were dead limbs everywhere, large rocks as a substrate, the entire tank had a layer of water about half an inch deep with a few logs jutting out, and no food in sight. Naturally, I talked to the worker, but she said that she tossed leftover iguana food in and smelt once in a while. She also said she wasn't allowed to use sand as a substrate because her boss said it was too messy, even though most of the fish tanks in there had sand in them. She said the water was there because there were also fiddler crabs in the tank, although I saw none. And regardless, fiddlers need brackish water, which they obviously did not have.
    Overall, the store was terrible. I'm never visiting it again, because I'd be tempted to buy them all.

2. Agustus&Nigel

Agustus&Nigel (Micro Crab)

AWW! Poor hermies! I'll make sure to never go there (if I ever see it)!

3. kissmeimgone

kissmeimgone (Micro Crab)

It should be illegal to have such terrible conditions -.-

4. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

She apparently did listen to me a little, because she gave them a brick to climb onto. But there where literally a hundred small and teensy hermies (yes, she told me she ordered 150) in a ten-gallon tank, so a brick doesn't provide land for a quarter of that. Sadness. :(

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Aww it should be illegal to have hermit crabs anyway because only 1 out of every 10 people provide proper care:(. My mother insists I adopt and now I see how other people treat them and...:(

6. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

so sad. anyway why in the world would you keep a fiddler crab with hermit crabs?!?!?!? they could just pick up the teeny oned and rip em out of thier shell and eat them!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.