1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a 55 gallon on thursday!!!WOOHOO

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by Jessafall, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

I have always wanted a 120 gallon but i have no where to put it!! so I have been looking around for a good size tank and found a 20L and 20H for $10 each. was planning on joining them to make a bigger tank but then yesterday i was searching on craigslist and what do i find?

A perfectly good 55 gallon fish tank for only $40!! so i emailed him and snatched it! so i'm picking it up on thursday!
    I am going to have soo much fun decorating this tank! The tanks i had before were a 10g, 20L w/10g attached and also a 29g. so this will be the biggest tank for sure that i have had and got for dirt cheap!! I will definally show pics once i get it up and running which should be in about a month!

Last time i crabbed i didn't have the resources to be a cheap crabber since i live in a city. but since i am back home in the country, i have access to play sand from my dad's farm(i think it's play sand i'll have to check to see what kind it is!!) also am surrounded by woods and a state park so i can get wood and river rocks for the crabitat.

Question~~~What are the brands of Play sand everyone uses for their crabitat's?? I want to be sure the sand at my dad's farm is good for the crabs!

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Thats GREAT so lucky for the crabbies!! I use Toy R us- Vckums uses home depot- watch the woods you use from the forest-no pine!!

3. Jessafall

yeah i know Pine is a no-no! my dad is an expert on wood (we had a family campfire wood business for 20 years) so i'm going to have him give me a quick lesson on telling maple and oak apart from the other's especially if i see fallen branches.
    ofcourse i'm going to bake the wood and sand just to be sure there are no buggies left!!!

4. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Whoa, lucky!! I was about to get a 55 gallon for 20$ but I wasn't allowed to.:(

Show us pics when it's done!:D

5. Jessafall

i was almost going to get a 55g for $20 also cause it has a crack in it. but then it's would be pointless to drive 5 hours away just to get it! so i kept looking and luckly this 55g is only 45 mins away!

6. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Cool. Maybe you could ask the person to meet halfway so you would only have to drive like 23 mins instead of 45? I heard people do that.

7. Jessafall

naw, I like going up to the city, it gives me a chance to get Starbucks!:D hehe

8. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

My mom would never let me drive that far. More like never drive me that far. I'm lucky if I get her to drive me 25 minutes. Congrats on the new tank though!:D

9. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Congrats!!!!!! :D That is awesome!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.