1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gauges....

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by chermo, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

So I thought I had a perfect humidity levels in the tank but I am calibrating all 3 of my hydrometers (yes I said all 3) and I found that my flukers digital one I have had forever is 14% high so my readings have been off for like 3 months or 4 months now, it was reading 85% to 88% and I kept opening the lid to let some humidity out but I was getting condensation on the walls so I figured it was right. My one with the dial from petco is 5% high which I have known since I got it a month ago. The one I got yesterday from walmart is 2% high which is digital is the best one and standing at 72%. So the one from walmart is at 72%, the flukers digital one is at 74% and my dial one from petco says 70% when I subtract what they were off by. Now I am worried about the humidity, I have never had to worry before and when I saw condensation I figured I was good. I really am upset about the flukers one being so much off and me never knowing about it because I never calibrated it (I know BAD me). The one from Petco is actually on the left side of the tank 1/2 way up, my flukers digital is on the right side 1/2 way up and the one from walmart is above the flukers one because when I found it to be that off I wanted to see what it really was. One of the temp/hydrometers is going in my 10 gallon once I have it back up and running so I won't have 3 in the 20L but I had to see for myself. I would like to see a humidity level of around 75% to even 77% so now I am not sure what to do. I guess I am going to be getting some moss and making a moss pit so I can get the humidity levels up. I plan on also keeping the walmart temp/hydrometer and the petco temp/hydrometer (2 seperate ones) in the main tank but do you think I should get another one from walmart for the 10 gallon or should I subtract the 14% and use the flukers one? It just is irritating that I have 3 in there and only 1 is pretty accurate. That darn flukers one is so expensive too and it works so badly. I had problems with the battery when I first got it and now this. I feel so bad not calibrating it when I got it. Oh well we all figure it out sometime that we must calibrate, let this be a lesson to everyone that you MUST calibrate your gauges when you get them.

2. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

i would get one that work cause yu could forget to take away the 14 %

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.