1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny Story!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by msdiamonddawg, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

So, I went to my local Dominion the other day and was walking past the fresh seafood counter. I noticed some smelts and asked the guy behind the counter if I could have ONE! He looked at me like he was wondering if he heard me correctly and I repeated that yes, I would like to buy just ONE smelt. I mean really, half of that one would still go to my doggy as the crabs won't eat the whole thing! :D

He proceeded to put a bunch in a bag. I said...Whoa! I only need ONE smelt! Is this so hard to understand. My boyfriend was getting all embarrassed and telling me the guy can't just give me one. So the counter guy said, oh, I thought you wanted like 100g. No, ONE! And then it came out ... WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BUY JUST ONE FOR?! I said I had pets, and wanted to see if they liked it first!! He holds the little smelt by the tail and says here! Now really, what am I supposed to do with that?? Walk around doing my shopping while holding a smelt in the palm of my hand? Or maybe have it hanging out of my mouth like a seal?!! I asked if he could at least wrap it! Now he was throughly frustrated and the b/f walked away from me, but I got my ONE smelt and I got it free and my crabs were happy! LOL .....

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

:D I've done that at seafood counters in the grocery store. They do look at you funny but most of the time it's free LOL Way to go!

3. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

I regularly go to a market where they feature oysters on the half shell. I always order some and instruct the vendor to hold the shell.

4. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

That is funny! Sometime I'll try buying some shrimp for my crabs. :)

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

oyster shells are a good form of calcium, ask for the shell next time and see what reaction you get from the crabbies!:D

6. msdiamonddawg

Ohhh, I'm going to be asking for ONE oyster w/shell next time I go! I'm going to see how they like that .. the crabs I mean, not the counter man. LOL...

7. CrabCurious

CrabCurious "Never Molted"

Tell your bf not to be a jerk (and I'm not trying to be one myself -Sorry)!

8. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

crabcurious dont judge people this is a friendly site dont talk like that

9. msdiamonddawg

Maybe you should try harder ...

10. frozenbarb

frozenbarb Hi, I'm New Here!

oooOOOO Shut down,
    lol

i tried it today atfer i came out of subways from school i went into supermarket with friend we asked for one in chinese,( yea chinese supermarket) the dude jus looked, so we said it again and hes like only one?? he laugh and was looking at the other workers and laughed and said one for what, it was 00.8 pounds so it was 16 cent, could anyone guess how much is for one pound?

11. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

I can always get the shells if I wanted them, I just wasn't sure what to do with them. They will be much harder to break into pieces than a cuttlebone.

12. frozenbarb

frozenbarb Hi, I'm New Here!

well my crab dont even touch the fish , i never see my crab eat they jus stand there doing nothing,,,

13. CrabCurious

I wasn't intending to be mean, I just think someone's partner should be more supportive, that's all.

14. hello_hammerheads

hello_hammerheads "First Molt, A Success"

my boyfriend hates the crabs, he sais they are creepy. he won't even talk to me while i have them out ell oh ell, but he buys me things i need for them, it is cute. he poked one of them before. but he drenched his hand in sanitizer. i don't understand, he said when we move back in with eachother[once we figure out where we wanna move to] it should be in a room he never goes, ell oh ell, it is only cute because i know he is kidding, they make me happy and he wants me to be happy, and i know he would take care of them if i couldn't.

15. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

yeh well crabcurious that was very rude and i think personaly if you cant be kind and respectful to everyone on this site maybe this isnt the site for you to be on.

16. hello_hammerheads

hello_hammerheads "First Molt, A Success"

i don't think it is a big deal.

she was joking, lets not be mean, no one is perfect.

this is a crab heath and wellness board too, lets not hav eher crabs suffer because we can't get over it. =]

17. CrabCurious

Sorry Msdiamond, if you weren't hurt then my mistake and I apologize. It just struck a chord with me, guess I have some baggage.

18. vckums

vckums Moderator

Here's a pic you can use when you're feeling a bit crabby :D

[​IMG]

19. vckums

vckums Moderator

20. msdiamonddawg

Thanks...I was merely describing a funny story and how my b/f got embarrassed by my insistence. No big deal. He is definitely ANYTHING but a jerk and although I thought that was rude of you to say without even knowing him, I'm well over it.

If that is his only major fault, I think I'll keep him! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.