1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun New Tank Item

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by Kali_Ma, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

I went shopping with Robin from HCA yesterday (putertutor) and she took me to her favorite aquarium place, All About Fish, in Concord.

And there, I saw the most amazing piece of resin tank decor. It was originally $90 but had been marked down to $39.99. I just HAD to have it. Who could resist that big of a markdown?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On that last picture is the new perlatus that I rescued from the Concord Petco. She was the only one in a tank of PPs, 50% humidity, a dead small guy with a maggot coming out of him...ick -- I thought it was a crab that had lost all its legs at first, and it was trying to crawl on its maxillipeds, but the "maxillipeds" kept moving. Ugh.

The poor strawberry was tucked tight into her shell. She wouldn't come out to investigate me, and stayed tucked in all the way home, some 40 minutes.

As soon as I put her in a preliminary bath, she popped out of the shell like she'd been resurrected (first time she'd seen deep water in god knows how long) and I found out she's a girl! So now I have two jumbo perlatus females, as Xio is one, too. Hooray!

That's her posing with the new decoration in the third picture. She's the second biggest perlatus I've ever acquired, even bigger than the two Cthulhus, and much bigger than Arioch.

Anyone interested in a giant skeleton for their own tanks should see the importer's website at:

http://www.kandaimports.com

Go to the RIP section.

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Kerie that is so cool! I would love to do a "treasure island" theme in my tank with that! Cappa had a beautiful crab with one eye (at one point in time) that I called Red Beard...he would look great next to the skeleton [​IMG]

3. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

What did you use for the shell shelves?

4. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

They're turtle aquatic landings by Pet-Tech, turned upside down. They need a little extra support underneath if you have lots of shells on them though.

My crabs love those things. They get up there, push stuff off the edge, jump in the water bowls (accidentally, I assume). The shells don't get sand in them, just moss, which is easier to cope with.

5. CJ

CJ "First Molt In Progress"

Hi, Kerie!
    What a fun tank decoration! [​IMG]
    How do your children like it?
    cj [​IMG]

6. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

[​IMG]

They're finding it really fun!

7. Jennifer Leatherwood

Jennifer Leatherwood (Micro Crab)

I used those a turtle landing as a saltwater moat because turned upside down they go from shallow to deep and are pretty large. I had to take out the suction cups and patch the wholes with little pieces of plastic and aquarium sealant. But worked like a charm, no leaks at all.

8. hermitcrab

hermitcrab Hi, I'm New Here!

hey you posted that on lhc! it is awesome by the way i love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.