1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fresh sea food

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by hermiefun, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Hi all i have no places around me where i can get fresh seafood and its driving me crazy the only fresh fish i can get are minnows and the hermies love those. so i know they will love other stuff. Anyone know where i can get some fresh stuff online as that seems to be my only choice. I cant even get tuna here it only comes in a can and i will not use that.

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

You grocery stores don't have a seafood section? What about asian markets? I have a feeling buying it online is going to be pretty pricey and you can't get the small quantity you want. When I go to my grocery store, I can usually get 1 clam and the guy never charges me. lol

Another thing to do is spread the word around to family members and friends. Ask them to save stuff for you if they are cooking with it. My aunt called me one time saying she had just finished eating shrimp cocktail at a restaraunt, did I want her to bring the tails home..LOL

3. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Nope no fresh seafood selection at my grocery store they have shrimp but its already cooked. Its the prepackaged stuff so its go salt in it. Well my hubbys family live in different states to far away. and well my friends and family live way way to far away in australia lol. no asian market either. Its a small town where i live. Oh well i will have to keep searching.

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

Well bummer! What about local restaraunts? If any serve fresh fish/shrimp etc. If they do, you can ask them if you could have the heads and tails of the fish they throw away. It's worth a shot. I'd send some if I knew it would get there ok!

5. jengstro

jengstro (Micro Crab)

Do you have a Walmart near by? We have a Superstore about 30 miles from my home and they have fresh seafood and fish for sale there, they even have live lobster, not that your looking for a whole one, but I am sure they would give you some scraps or fish heads and you could take them home and freeze them in small quantities. Even your local grocery stores probably get fresh fish in and would possibly do the same. Hope I could help, Good Luck to you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.