1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freaking Out!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Clo, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clo

Clo Hi, I'm New Here!

Hey Everyone!

So I got a couple of Crabs a few months ago and they are soo cute I love em... but I think I'm killing them..

The little one grew out of his shell and the shell that he chose was too heavy for him to he couldn't carry it anymore so he went back to his too small shell. I feel sooo guilty but I cant find him shells ANYWHERE! All the ones in the pet stores and crappy and too small.. I live near Calgary, Alberta so if ANYONE knows ANYWHERE that I can go to get him some good quality shells I would be much appreciated.

Please help! lol.

2. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

The best thing I can tell you is to go shopping online. If you have Purple Pinchers, they tend to like turbo shells and shells with a snail shape. If you have a Walmart or a craft store, check to see if they carry shells. Sometimes you can find bags of mixed shells and there will be some usable shells in the mix. Sometimes you can find them at "dollar stores" too. YOu can boil the assorted shells and use them as tank decorations.

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

If you need to go online to get them, there are a few stores that are great and have excellent reputations.

The Crabbage Patch (mails to Canada)
    El's Shells (pretty sure she mails to Canada)
    Naples Shell Company (don't know)

And Welcome!

4. sami

sami "Never Molted"

I myself have visited crabbagepatch.com and was very pleased with the variety and good prices for natural shells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.