1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

Well, I lost one of my hermies today. He's the first one that I've lost in a year.

He was molting (or so I thought), and he had been down for over a month. I decided to check the bottom of the tank today to see if I could see anybody on the bottom and there he was. The only thing left of him was claws and legs. I don't know if his soft parts just decomposed fast or if another one of my crabs ate him. I didn't see any tunnels into him, so I'm a little confused by this whole thing.

I'm a little concerned now for one of my other crabs that is down. He has been down for the same amount of time, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him either. I dread the thoughts of digging for him, so I'm going to let it go for a little longer. I don't normally dig them up anyways, but I could tell just from looking on the outside that Frankie hadn't made it.

Has anyone else had a hermie die and only leave legs and claws behind? I just can't seem to figure out what happened.

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Aw...:( I'm so sorry to hear about Frankie. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your other little hermie.

3. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I'm so sorry about Frankie. :( I really hope the other one is all right! When I was little, I had a hermit crab named Sandytan. I don't remember him digging down or anything to molt, but one day I looked and a lot of his legs and body parts were missing. I don't know what happened.

4. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

The hermie came up from his molt, and he is fine!!!!! He is a beautiful purple color. He is very dark almost like a royal purple. If I can get a picture, I'll post it later, but he is very skittish right now.

5. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

That sounds terrible, I'm so sorry! But at least the other molter is doing well. I can't wait for pictures, he sounds very pretty.

6. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Yay! I'm so happy for your other hermie! Tell him or her I said hi!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.