1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four Dead from Wal-Mart SIGN PETITION

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Boots Mom, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

ok lol.

2. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

i'm sad today
    this was my first incounter with crab in a cup. when i saw those poor crabs sitting in those cups i almost cried. i wanted to save them so bad, but i dont have any room.
    i'm very sad

3. ThreeDaisy

ThreeDaisy (Micro Crab)

Ok i just found this posting. Been very busy. But I've always like walmart.....but now don't think so. I'm a cross between being mad and wanting to go save them all. But only have a 10 gal and 6 in there. BAD WALMART! [​IMG]

4. dancinhermielover

dancinhermielover (Micro Crab)

We should not tolerate this but it is hard for us to talk to a big time shop manager. I am willing to save these little guys but it is kind of hard to buy all of those hermit crabs. I hope the petition helps out! I'm definetly supporting it.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator

I think the best way to vote is just to take your business else ware. If people stop buying their hermit crabs and supplies from Wal-Mart, then Wal-Mart will stop carrying hermit crabs. They are in business to make money and the only way they will stop carrying Hermit Crabs is if it is no longer profitable for them. Just my two cents!

Jason

6. reader101

reader101 Banned

You go, Jason! There's always the option of educating these sales people about land hermit crabs - and only take your business to vendors that are cooperating. I've gone to the point of going to a store I had dealt with for years in dog supplies, sorting out the carcasses from their tank, and restocking and building with my own substrate, supplies as well as educating employees. Since then, I can call and order x # of hermies; pick them up day of delivery or shortly thereafter, where they will be waiting in my own set up...
    I guarantee you that if you approach any vendor (I prefer small shops, as the larger chains can afford to absorb the loss) with the knowledge & information on how to make a profit, without hermies dying in such large masses, they'll listen.
    Just my...well, for what it's worth!

7. reader101

reader101 Banned

Just found this in a prev. posting - don't know if it's still active, but hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.