1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found Some Pics

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Astinus, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astinus

Astinus Guest

I found 1 of my CDs that has quite a few of my Pics.
    I would like to share this one :) If you like this, I can Post more. (Iraq)
    These are all Clean, Nothing disturbing.

[​IMG]

2. Astinus

Astinus Guest

Well...Vicki sais that it is Okay, Here are some More. Almost a Story Line in Pics. Will explain as each one is loaded.

This is a pic of a Brand New "Defac" (Dining Facility) that wasnt operational at the time the Pic was taken, In fact I had Left Country before it was up and Running.
    [​IMG]

LOL! I wonder if these are operational Yet! LOL! This is the New Showers and Latrines. I asked the Worker how much longer? His reply was 2 weeks Mista. 6 Weeks Later, Well U tell me.
    [​IMG]

Here are some Women Veterans. We had some down time after doing some work on the vehicles.
    [​IMG]

Again, another LOL moment. Here, I am enjoying some Milk and Cookies ;D
    [​IMG]

Yes!! They have a Mud Season! and WOW! :eek: Does it get EVERYWHERE!
    [​IMG]

What a Welcome Sight that is!!! We have a C-5 Base Near my Home. And when I heard the Unmistakable roar of those engines! All I could think of was Home :)
    [​IMG]

Here is our PX and Phone Bank. Can you believe that there are 50 or so Phones in this Tent.
    [​IMG]

Well...I will continue Later with more pics that I have. The Gist of these posts are kind of like a Time line of my time Spent in Iraq.
    Eventually, Thru these pictures you will see my travels thru the country and on into Kuwait. :) Again, I ask, Please Let me know if you like these.

I would also like to Thank you folks for your gratitude to me, for my service in Iraq. So, If I dont reply, Let it be known here and now, That I truly apreciate hearing The Thank Yous. (Although not Needed, As I was doing "My Job for my Country)

3. cwaweeks

cwaweeks Guest

Nice pics! I was an 88M for a few years. Us women CAN drive! lol

4. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

~~~~WAVING A BIG AMERICAN FLAG AT ASTINUS & SAYING IN A REALLY LOUD VOICE~~~

I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!  HORRAY FOR THE THE RED, WHITE & BLUE!!!!

Really great pics!!!  In the first pic, which one are you???  Didn't OIF_VET serve in Iraq,, too???

5. jedediah

jedediah Guest

Interesting pics - I'd love to see more. BTW, I think the guys in the first pics were probably from Poland, Russia never had any troops in Iraq to my knowledge.

6. LolaGranola

LolaGranola Guest

*cough cough* um, Kathy, dear, um, I don't know how to say this. . .

that IS OIF_VET

:laughing9: :angel12:

7. Astinus

Astinus Guest

These 2 Vehicles are Anti Mine Trucks/Machines. They are also used in looking for "Road Side Bombs" AKA "I.E.Ds"
    [​IMG]

The Vehicle on the right is 5 Ton Cargo Trk. With a .50 Cal machine Gun Mounted on it's roof.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a Really Nice Sunset.
    [​IMG]
    A Dedication to a Fallen Soldier in the Taking of Balad's Air Force Base.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a Pic of myself again....We were just about to Clear out and Getting ready to Re-deploy back to Kuwait for our final Journey Home.
    [​IMG]
    Sunrise!!! At last! the day we were on our way "Home"
    [​IMG]
    12:35 A.M this is my Co-Driver, There were 3 of us Cramped into this truck. The 3rd person is in the Middle.
    [​IMG]
    7 hrs Later, Sun is Rising. Please forgive the Mirror shot.
    [​IMG]
    15 minutes Later.
    [​IMG]
    If you look closely, The white stuff on the ground, Kind of towards the Back Ground, This is Salt.
    [​IMG]
    This is Middle Class.
    [​IMG]
    Here is 1 of their Markets.
    [​IMG]

More will come along later :)

8. jedediah

jedediah Guest

Yay - a Humvee pic - I love those cars :icon_smile:
    BTW, Astinus like Astinus Lorekeeper from Dragonlance?

9. Astinus

Astinus Guest

Yes! Astinus! The Chronicler of Time and History :)
    I thought that was a Pretty good Series. Well the Chronicles. With Tanis, Sturm, Tasslehoff. But what Intrigued me Most is Astinus and Huma. Legends.
    Then of course there is Test of the Twins and Brothers Majere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.