1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found some Freshwater Driftwood

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by RoxyLupin, Jun 26, 2010.

1. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

=D I'm so happy, I found some Freshwater Driftwood in this stream by my appartment complex, actualy it was one large peice I cut into smaller peices to fit in my tank, I've washed it and now I'm baking them. I'm about 95% sure that it's not Pine so that's why I've desdied to go ahead and wash/bake the wood...

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Congratulations! Good for you! It's always good to use supplies from nature as opposed to plastic or metal. Nice going!

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Ooo...how nice!   :straw:

Another way to clean and dry is to soak it for 24 hours in the salt water mixture you use for the hermies. Allow it to "sun dry" for two or three days, or more depending on the wood.    :flower:

4. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Hey, Jellybean! I just noticed that you have completed your quest to collect all the Striped Dragons on Dragon Cave. I just wanted to congratulate you! CONGRATULATIONS! :banana: :cheer:

5. Mckenny

:hail: Thank you---Thank you!    I had almost given up!!

6. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yes. It did take quite a long time, didn't it? :flower:

7. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

Yeah can you believe my appartment manager told me that I had to remove the wood from my patio because I 'Stole it'... I really wanted to tell her off that 1. I didn't get it from her property, and 2. How do you know I didn't buy it from a store or offline... I just said that I assure her in 24 hours it will be removed from my patio...

8. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

OMG! Tell me again, if you don't mind, how old are you? I assume you are a grownup due to the fact that you have an apartment manager and are living in an apartment by yourself... Or are you?

9. Mckenny

Wow...sounds like the apartment manager is on a "power trip".  I think she was out of line myself, but you did the right thing.  Sometimes it's better to pick and choose your battles.  :flower:

10. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Wise words, young Jellybean... :chuckle:

11. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

I'm 18, and she thinks becuse of that fact she can now kick me out when ever she finds I'm doing something to violate the lease that I've never read * moved when I was 14, never given the chance to see the lease* She wouldn't even provide me a copy when I asked for it... Rude  :shhhh:

12. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

You moved when into your own apartment when you were 14-years-old? :whaaaat:

13. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

>.> No Moved in with my parents... still living with them... management thinks because I'm a legal adult now they can kick me out when ever...

14. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Oh... Sorry, you had me confused. I don't catch onto things as quick as most people would, as you probably already know because I have been a part of the hermit crabs since September 06, 2009.

15. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

IT IS SO STUPID HOW THINGS ARE AT TIMES! WHEN YOU ARE 18 YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH FOR SOME THINGS BUT OTHERS YOU ARE NOT! MY SON WHO IS 19 NOW LIVING ON HIS OWN, TRYING TO GO TO SCHOOL, PAYING FOR IT ALL { *THIS YR* } &  CAN'T GET FINANCIAL HELP BECAUSE HE IS STILL UNDER US SO HE CAN GET INSURANCE & WE MAKE TO MUCH $. BUT I CAN'T GET ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM THE DR. WHEN WE ARE PAYING FOR IT.
    * THIS YR. MEANS LAST YR HE GOT HELP FROM DHS BECAUSE HE WAS IN A SP ED PROGRAM AND WAS SERIOUS ABOUT HIS GRADES AND THE DEPARTMENT HELPED HIM OUT & HE QUALIFIED BECAUSE HIS THEN 23 YR OLD BROTHER STILL LIVED AT HOME & THEY DIDN'T COUNT HIS INCOME, SO ACCORDING TO THEM WE DIDN'T MAKE TO MUCH $, NOW THAT HE IS OVER 24 & MOVED OUT WE MAKE TO MUCH AND CAN'T GET HELP AT ALL! HOW DUMB IS THAT? DOES THAT MAKES SENSE AT ALL?