1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forget Lettace!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by HermitPaws, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

if your feeding your crabs Lettace, and the don't seem to be Eating any thing, Try Kale, it only 99cents for a large bundle at the market and your crabs will most likly drag it around the tank. Mine will eat it 5 night in a row!!!!!!!! Guess when your a Crab, Kale is in the top ten.

Note to ALL Crabbers: My website may be down but the "Food Trials" Are still a go. i will post them on a new web page in april.

2. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Lettuce also has pretty much no nutritional value except that it is a leafy green vegetable. Someone on the website told me early on to skip the lettuce. I onder if they would eat raw spinach leaves.....that might be a more nutritional option....or cabbage (green and purple)....i bet they ould go for cabbage since it is stinky. Has anyone tried pomegranates? I got my loofa seeds from HCA today, so I'm hoping to grow a loofa vegetable to try out.

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

I do lettuce if we're having a salad. They do like the spinach, but a bit wilty. Ive done fresh pomegranate seeds and freeze dried. Both got nibbled on.

I got some mango sitting on the counter for them. I dont like it myself, but I will freeze the rest for them. It was like 69 cents at the store for 1.

4. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

pomegranate seeds!! never thought of trying that!!! I tried the pom/ meat and no one ever got near it!!!!

5. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

Mine like the pomegranite pithy part better than the juicy seed parts. Which is good since I can eat the fruit and leave the peel for them!

6. wachfuleyez

wachfuleyez "Never Molted"

today I Tried Some New Things To Feed To My Hermies. I Made A Hermie Pesto? (if You Will) I Used Some Of The Ingr. Off The Safe Food List, It Contained Cilantro Parsley Unsalted Sunflower And Pumkin Seeds Grounded Up With E.v.o.o Will Let Everyone The Results Later.
    ? Do You Guys/gals Rinse Your Eggshells Out Before Giving The To Your Hermies?

7. keris hermies

keris hermies "Third Molt In Progress"

I've gave mine lettace before and it just seems like certain days it's ripped to shreads and other days it's often left untouched. Kinda weird but...

8. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

LettUce doesn't really have any nutritional value, as krackersmom stated before. They're pretty much just eating water, so I would just skip that. Dark greens will be much better. Try broccoli, I threw in a stalk before and they tore a chunk out of it.

9. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Hi, I'm New Here!

I feed mine Romaine Lettuce because I was pretty sure that it was high in calcium & was a color enhancer, too. Guess I was wrong about that, then.:rolleyes:

10. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Double check the Romaine! It may be good for them. I think what is being described here is the plain ole' Iceburg Lettuce which doesn't have much nutritional value.

11. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

i feed mine romaine lettuce and red leaf lettuce, they love it. also spinach, cilantro (I have one that will sit in the bowl and not let anyone else near it when i put it in), and i just gave them a dandelion flower and my rug was dragging it around the tank with him

12. Stephen2342

Stephen2342 "Preparing For First Molt"

I feed mine radiccio which is full of nutrients. I'll have to try kale with my hermies -- I know my budgies love kale. I thought it was more than 99 cents but I guess I was wrong. I'll have to try dandelion as well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.