1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Yoda and Walmart

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by MiyokoDosei, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

I haven't been able to get on in awhile, but a few weeks ago, Yoda and Walmart molted. I was soooo proud of them! Yoda finally had all her legs back, and Walmart had all new legs! I was sooo happy and I bragged a lot about it, lol.

Then about a week later, I found them in the crabitat, kinda not moving as much. Walmart had left his shell (the second one he just moved into), and I figured he was just looking for an even bigger one, so I helped him into a larger shell. I placed him in the Iso just to make sure he was ok, and when I came back in the next day, he was out of it again, and not moving. I tried the "fishy" smell test, but it didn't work, then I tried the test that I do a lot on my crabs; grab a piece of straw and see if they can pinch it. Walmart didn't move his claws at all. I pronounced him dead afterwards.

Yoda has seemed to fall into the same category later that afternoon. She had been in the corner of the 'tat for about a week, and I placed some food in a shell near her, becuase I knew she and Walmart were going through some post-molt stress. She didn't seem to eat any of the food, and she didn't seem to move from her corner, either.

It was sooo sad to see them pass, and I'll always remember them ^^ . I feel like such a bad keeper having four of mine pass in the past few months. I only wish I could go back and change a few things and see if it could have saved them :(

2. susan9347

susan9347 (Micro Crab)

awww, sorry for your loss. :( I just lost one of mine a couple weeks ago as well after molting.

3. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

awww I am sorry for your loss. I wonder why they died.

4. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

same here... I kept their living conditions stable, and they always had plenty of fresh food and water..... Just one of those weird nature things, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.