1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you . . .

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by Mallie, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mallie

Mallie "Preparing For First Molt"

. . . that have been follwing

http://www.hermitcrabsrus.com/forum/molting/2404-half-molt.html

Well, he didn't make it. He had a really hard time moving around on his own. He was incredibly weak. I had been putting food next to his shell - he ate it but I am sure he died of Post Molt Stress.

I found him tonight on his back mostly out of his shell. He wasnt responsive and he was quite discolored.

He was such a mess from this molt, It was honestly better for him. His brother is quite sad and lonely now though =(((

This as the first crabbie I have lost. =(((

2. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Sorry to hear about that!

3. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose the first one. Sometimes it's just dificult for them to adjust to captivity. It sounds like you did an amazing job taking care of him. Don't be afraid to take a chance on getting another one.

4. minicrabby

minicrabby Hi, I'm New Here!

Really, really sorry. my neighbors recently had a hermie pass away :( It's always hard to lose a family member. By the way, how old was he and how many molts did he go through?

5. Mallie

Mallie "Preparing For First Molt"

This was his first molt. Not sure how old he was, he was a Medium to Medium/Small crab and I had only had him for about 4 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.