1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiya

Shiya "Never Molted"

I came home one day about a week ago from one of my longest school days to find Mel, missing two legs and sans shell. I can only think that she was attacked, since as it turned out, she had done a surface molt... she'd been playing on this giant hut ever since I put it in, and apparently, like a kid on a trip... "I don't have to molt, I don't have to molt... OH I HAVE TO MOLT RIGHT NOW!" She molted right beside the hut. Not even inside of it, where she might have had some protection from the rest of the crew.

I feel really bad... I wish she had just waited a couple more hours! I had checked on them that morning, she was climbing with everyone else! And I just know that she was screaming for her mum but I wasn't there to save her.

I'm sorry, Mel. I would have much rather been with you than at class. At least you had lots of fun before you went. Love you, sweetie.

2. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

I'm so sorry Shiya. This is one of those situations where yoou say to yourself "If I'd only". We can't know that, and we can't read our crabbie's minds, as much as we'd like to. You did your best with her. So carry on. God Bless and take care.

3. Shiya

Shiya "Never Molted"

Yeah... and I am trying to convince myself of that, it's just slow going. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.