1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

He was one of my most outgoing pp's. He was kind, and never pinched anyone who handled him. I don't even know the cause of death, but I believe it to be molting stress. He was the nicest male pp I've owned. Nothing would ever be able to replace him, but I hope he's in a better place now. Rest in Peace, Gompers.:(

2. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Im sorry for the loss of your crab and i read your other posting i hope all goes well with your other crabs and i hope my advice helps.

3. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

thanks ^^ any and all support is appreciated. And yes, your advice helped a lot

4. Itsy

glad to hear i looked everything up just cause i wanted to help and how are your crabs doing now? What all did you do with them? Did you isolate the ones with the missing limbs?

5. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

I isolated the one with no legs. The other one is taking it okay, and she's able to move around and get adaquate food and water still. They're all doing good, and they have a top to their tank, and it's a fish tank top so it holds moisture really well. They also have a heating pad thingie under the cage to keep them warm. They have a "pool" in the cage to help keep humidity up, and to keep them supplied with lots of water, and a place to bathe in between bath days. They haven't had a bath since the incident unless they took one by themselves

6. Itsy

Just wait give em a month at most and youll see some gel limbs coming through!

7. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

I hope so! :D

8. Itsy

keep me posted on your little guys!

9. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

Lucky and Yoda both have jelly nubs on all their missing limbs! I'm soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

10. Itsy

I jsut had a similar inncident with the first crab i got he dug down and we cant find his leg we think the other crabs may have eaten it!

11. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

eep! :eek: that cant be good! >< I don't remember what happened to Lucky and Yoda's legs, I know they didn't eat them, but they should be ok since half their substrate is calci - sand and their food is FMR and from time to time swapped for popcorn peanut butter and dry cat food, lol.

12. Itsy

Yeh i put him into iso as soon as i noticed, within an hour he had dug down and was completly burried. I hope things are getting better for him and hes destressing from his ordeal the way i see it if yours can get through losing almost all his legs he should do fine from losing his one! I hope its gonig to be ok for all i know he could be going down to molt already, i really hope so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.