1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

food?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by haleye1997, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

I gave my hermies blueberries and geen pepper they will NOT touch it!!!!!:confused:

2. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

Not all hermies like everything. Plus, if this is the first time they are being introduced to new, fresh foods, then give them some time. Sometimes, when something is first introduced to the food bowl, it takes them a couple of times to want to give it a try. Don't be alarmed.

3. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

I agree with Chuck Norris, and also, they might be munching on it at night and you can't notice it. They eat so little there's no way to know unless you smooth the sand around the food dish and see if there are tracks the next day.

4. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Hey "Chuck" welcome back...haven't seen you around in awhile!

As for the question....hermit crabs are like toddlers sometimes when it comes to food. Don't be too alarmed and try some other foods.

5. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

i got a new teeny hermie today i am putting her on an all people food diet. she LOVES banana she is going back and forth from the food dish to the water dish (to climb on it) she is in iso right now. i am actually happy abot putting her in iso because my main tank is a mess i am going to clean it as soon as Lily comes up from her molt. Kella just went back to eat some banana! lol! she is so tiny and cute!

6. kissmeimgone

kissmeimgone (Micro Crab)

Its weird, because I put banana in my crabitat with my two crabbies and they didnt seem like they touched it..does anyone know if the crabs like freeze dried fruits or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.