1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food Questions

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by froggz37, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/NavResults.cfm?N=2004+113275

What do you guys think of some of those products? I'm specifically interested in knowing your opinions of zooplankton. Also this site sells sinking spirulina wafers, mega marine alge, and seaweed selects. Seaweed I know is good for them, but what about some of the other products??

2. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

Any sea food is good for your crabs, especially the stuff with shrimp (I feed mine mysis shrimp, which are more nutritious than krill and other shrimp diet).

I have heard of Cyclop-eeze before, it's supposed to be really nutritious as well, but keep in mind that most of those products will probably have EQ in them. It all depends on how you feel about EQ, I guess.

I recommend www.brineshrimpdirect.com. The only thing with EQ that I know of on their site (so far) is the NatuRose. But it is a very small amount. And I've looked into EQ in depth and I'm not as worried about it being in one or two foods if you can't find good alternatives, and you don't feed it in every meal. EQ has a very short half life and breaks down into inert chemicals.

3. Kriston

Kriston Hi, I'm New Here!

4. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I have gone to the fresh food counter at our local grocery store and purchased one shrimp for my guys before. The guy must see this often because he asked with a smile "Is this for an animal?". Anyway, I think you should be able to give them frozen shrimp, provided there are no additives/preservatives [​IMG].

5. Jennifer Leatherwood

Jennifer Leatherwood (Micro Crab)

Is tuna from a can ok or is it bad since it was canned. Why is metal dangerous for the crabs.
    Jenn

6. Person

Person Hi, I'm New Here!

Metal is bad for the crabs because metals release chemicals which will hurt hermit crabs. And metal will rust!!

7. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

I'm almost positive that some of the brands of canned tuna have salt added, and if so, then its a big no-no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.