1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food dishes... I need advice

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by Allison, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allison

Allison "Never Molted"

Soo I just ordered a bunch of food from the store and I want to give my hermies more variety. I have their old food mixed together in a small (shell) dish, but it always ALWAYS makes a mess..hahaha

Any ideas on what would be the best way to give them variety without mixing it up too much(I wanna see what they like the best) and a way to not make a mess? What kind of dish do you guys use?

Thanks! :sunny:

2. imported_xAiZaOnigirix

imported_xAiZaOnigirix (Large Crab)

you could use separate shells and place them in different parts of the tank or buy a couple small food dishes. Hermies like to make messes, so you'll always get a little mess =]

3. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Please keep this in mind: Do not purchase metal food dishes!

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

You can get some reptile food bowls but there's not stopping crabs with a mission! You can get ones with lips which I find work well. You can also get a little coconut mat and cut it into a circle that goes about 3 inches out from the side of the shell. Then, when they drag the food out just a little bit you can just collect it on the mat.

5. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I use a small reptile 'rock' bowl for food that has a little lip...but I still sometimes find food on the opposite side of the tank. I also use a separate shell for fresh foods, but again, I find food on the other side of the tank from that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.