1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FMR Food

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by CowGirl Ally, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CowGirl Ally

CowGirl Ally Hi, I'm New Here!

ok, I'm not a huge fan of most commercial Hermit crab foods, never really have been. But I'm curious can anyone recommend a decent one? When I was a child and new to crabbing I remember often being recommended FMR crab food. I believe it was basically the standard at the time, however lately, it seems this is no longer the case. Am I wrong in thinking FMR now seems to have a bit of a bad rap? and if that's true why? I'm mostly just interested in what the reason as to why what seemed to be a "good food" (or at least a decent one) is now "bad." :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Commercial foods contain ingredients that are harmful to hermit crabs. Another reason would be that the companies don't have to list every ingredient in there, so who knows whats really in the foods.

There's a safe and unsafe food list. Print it out and next time you go to the grocery store you can get some items from there. If you have a store that has bulk bins you can get tiny amounts really cheap.

3. CowGirl Ally

I already have the safe and unsafe food lists, and i'm already well aware of the problems with commercial foods. Maybe I did not word the question correctly, I was wondering which of the commercial foods available is considered the lesser of the evils. The second part of my question relates to FMR products specifically.

4. CowGirl Ally

For the record I do not use commercial foods, I guess I'm just curious if it's simply FMR food that has gotten a bad rap simply because it is a commercial food or if there is something more specific reason.

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

There is no decent one. People have contacted FMR and they won't release the ingredient list for their hermit crab products.

6. CowGirl Ally

thanks for the info! :) :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.