1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida Plants Online, Bad Bad Bad

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Kali_Ma, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

I am very disappointed to report that I never received my live mangrove trees from:

http://www.floridaplants.com/

I had to email them twice and was told they were behind in their orders and they should ship by mid April. I finally got a credit card refund this morning.

So I have no live mangrove (yet). But I found several lots for sale on eBay, with Buy it Now pricing, that comes to about half the price of the ones from Florida, 10 for $22.99 including shipping, so if I get these soon, I'm still happy.

Don't order from Florida Plants. Go to eBay and put "mangrove" in the search box.

Good thing my crabs don't understand English or they'd think I was teasing them, poor critters.

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Kerie
    Are you going to set up a separate tank/area to grow the plants or are you incoporating them into your crabitat? I would love to see a pic when you have them up and growing [​IMG]

I toyed with the idea of live mangroves at one time, but have basically put it on the back burner until I had time to research further. It's nice to know I will be able to pick your brain for some help in the future [​IMG] You're just the best! Oh and thanks for the tip off about the naughty plant place.

3. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

At least the naughty plant place was kind enough to return my payment without argument, which is more than I can say for some companies!

I'm just going to plonk those bad boys in each water dish, five to a side -- I have large basins in my tank, so it won't be a problem. If they get too big (if they survive being eaten alive, LOL) I'll move some to pots with gravel and keep them in reserve. I'm going out today to get a better combination light fixture for the salt water side of the tank, so I can put a Repti-Sun over the plants for light. Currently that side is only heated by moonglows as needed, and has no daylight bulbs.

This should be fun! I've been looking forward to these plants for two months almost, and the suspense is killing me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.