1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First successful molt.

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by mlj29, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlj29

mlj29 Hi, I'm New Here!

Well, it's been awhile since I have posted anything, but I have some good news. My daughter has 3 crabs in her crabitat and 2 of them are large PP's. She named them Apple and Raspberry. Anyhow, Apple went down under the sand in early May and she went under the saltwater dish (we knew that since we could see her when we lifted if off to change the water) and she actually molted under there. We saw her shed off her shell and her legs and pinchers since they were scattered all over under there. She did eat some of the old shell and we waited and waited for her to come up. She finally did when we were on holiday. I spotted her when I came home and that was really good to see. She is up and about and healthy. Raspberry is now molting since she is under and has been up and down for the last month, but I added some more sand and she has remained below for about 2 weeks now, so that is a good sign. I am just so amazed at how these creatures go through this process and I am happy that Apple is alive and well. Just thought I would share this information.

2. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Congrats on the successful molt. :)

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Isn't it amazing? Although I wouldn't really know because all my crabs are discrete moulters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.