1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Molt a Success But Now What?

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by Tinkerbell, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell "Never Molted"

After I stupidly dug up Garth during his molt, I took everyone's advice and placed him on the surface and covered him with his log. A few weeks later... success!!

Now Garth is acting a little odd however. He spent a lot of time buried even after his molt was done but I let him be. Today I got a new crabitat (much bigger) and began moving Wayne(tte) and Garth into it. I couldn't find Garth anywhere. Then I picked up a big decorative shell I had in the crabitat and found him inside it, shell and all. He's in there really good, like he's holding on with his claws to the inside of the shell.

I've left him be and just placed the shell into the new crabitat but I'm wondering, is this normal? Is he ok?

2. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

He found a new hiding place. Leave him be and he will come out on his own. Especially if you serve some really stinky food.
    Many crabs change their demeanor after a molt. No need to worry.

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell "Never Molted"

Sure enough, out he came some time last night. When I arrived this morning he was happily chillin' under his log. Such neat animals!! I'm lovin' it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.