1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fins and foliage in kansas city

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by courtastic, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. courtastic

courtastic Hi, I'm New Here!

i hate to post bad about a family-owned small business, but their hermit crabs were awful :/
    they are the only pet store in my area where i've seen choya wood in stock though!
    the crabs were in tanks with no lids with heat lamps on them and only shallow gravel substrate. there was one tank of small and one of large crabs. the large crab tank had various legs, pincers, and pieces of molted exoskeleton laying around. inexplicably, there was also a dead crab body w/ no shell laying on top of the lid of the tanks on the bottom shelf.

it was so sad... and i don't know why someone would take the time to remove a dead animal from a tank and not carry it 5 feet further to the trash :(

2. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

im sorry you had to experience that atleast they take them out at the one i go to they leave the dead bodies in as food they say its really upsetting i know. These crabs had no water a small layer of sand and the temp was 90+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.