1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally!!!!!

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by alli'smommy, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Okay, I am always bashing Petland in my town. Last night, I went there looking for some jungle vine. Stopped by the hermie tank and couldn't resist!!!! The sales girl came over and asked if I wanted to check them out. So of course I did--they NEVER let me handle them before. I picked out three small PP's and in the process, we found a dead one-which she was upset about. She put it in a box and took it to the back. Then we found one missing it's BP. She said "Oh goodness, he probably won't make it. The shipment must've been hard on him." She then decided to buy him herself and try to save him!!! Then she asked me if I had food and stuff for them. I explained that I already had several at home! She said "Do you have good fresh food or the junk on the shelf over there"? She was knowledgable of crab care and we discussed how misinformed customers are due to the lack of knowledge from pet store employees. She said she is trying her hardest to make a difference not only in hermie care, but in all areas!! I am sorry to say I didn't get her name, but GOOD FOR HER and best of luck!!!!! I sincerely hope she can make a difference!!!

2. nick-dadson

nick-dadson (Micro Crab)

Excellent :) Another victory for the hermies!

3. Briard

Briard (Micro Crab)

If you have a chance to see her again, you might consider getting her name and leaving a store comment card congratulating the manager on having a caring, knowledgeable employee. It's just as important to point out when stores are doing something right as it is to get on their case when they've got it wrong! And of course, it might help the girl get a raise when the time comes!

4. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

Hooray :D

Meg​

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

What a wonderful employee! You might consider giving her the link to this website too.

6. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

You should definitely make sure she gets recognized for her efforts! Maybe it will encourage the pet store to make sure that all of their employees are knowledgeable about the animals in their particular section. And if not, then she still deserves to get credit for trying to make a difference. :)

7. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

If you do inform the manager how impressed you were with this particular employee, just make sure you don't mention her comment about 'the junk on the shelf over there'.

8. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Thats awesome Alli's mom--great news

9. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Yes, I would just commend her on her "knowledge" about hermit crabs.

10. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Definately!! We don't need it to backfire on us!! The crabbies need all the good employees they can get!!

11. vckums

vckums Moderator

Sounds like a great employee!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.