1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally my first deep clean!

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Bugaboo, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Well it's been almost 10 months (shame on me) since I got my 40B and now its time to do a deep clean (had to wait until molting madness was over for a while) and only 2 teeny crabbies left to transfer, the other 8 are in my 20L. So I've got all the supplies and I'm soo excited to redecorate!

2. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

Good luck! I actually just bought a 40B and i don't wanna even think of cleaning it. Just trying to clean a 29 was hard enough for me! Plus a deep clean would require 3 bags of fiber and 2 bags sand to be deep enough for my crabbies :scream:

Have fun redecorating though! that's the funnest part in my book :D

3. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Yeah I don't use sand so it takes like 5 bags and a few bricks so its both fluffy and diggable right away,  and cleaning all the stuff is difficult but it pays off seeing them love it=) and I hope they will=) ill be sure to post progress pics!

4. HermitCrabby

HermitCrabby Hi, I'm New Here!

Wow, your guys' tanks sound very hard to clean. I have a 10 gallon with 1 tiny crab and 1 small crab. My 10 gallon uses half a brick of coconut fiber and 15 of a 5 pound bad of sand. It still takes me like an hour and a 1/2 though. LOL I make a mess. By the end my carpet needs to be vaccumed head to toe.  :eek:ops2: Oh well.  Bye all  :hermzpoo:  :bye:

5. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

i can clean my 55 in about 2-3 hours depending on how pokey i want to be and if i'm using ee or sand, if i want to rearange, or just plunk stuff back in.

6. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Well since I had moulters, the process has taken me weeks, but finally in the last week I got all this done!! I just need to add the shells and the hidey, food dish &water
    Moss pit:
    [img=266x400]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb355/Bugabooroo/IMAG1434.jpg[/img]
    Shell shop:
    [img=266x400]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb355/Bugabooroo/IMAG1422.jpg[/img]
    All together:
    [img=400x266]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb355/Bugabooroo/IMAG1421.jpg[/img]

7. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Ooooooo...very nice!  :flower:

8. Frostfire

Frostfire "Never Molted"

:rockz: Looking great!

I havn't had to deep clean my 55 yet. At the rate it's going right now, it will probably be around June that I clean it for the first time (got it running in November.) Might push it off to July, but I'm already ready to redo things- no matter what I do all your guys tanks always look better :p I assume it will take me a few hours best.

My ISO tank will be deep cleaned as soon as the two crabs in there get out- it was last truly deep cleaned in August lately- smaller less thorough cleanings along the way.