1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally an active tank:)

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by thetruechina, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetruechina

thetruechina (Small Crab)

What i came home to last night :straw: :cheer:

[img width=400 height=300]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/thetruechina/Crabs/Picture026.jpg[/img]

[img width=400 height=300]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/thetruechina/Crabs/100_0431.jpg[/img]

[img width=400 height=300]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/thetruechina/Crabs/100_0425.jpg[/img]

[img width=400 height=300]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/thetruechina/Crabs/100_0429.jpg[/img]

2. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
    my tank is always inactive....my crab apollo thinks the light is god so he stands in awe

3. thetruechina

it will become active my two just got done with there molts and im doing everything to keep the tank just the way it should be and feeding them good food tonight it hamburger eggs tomatoes with a blackberry and raspberry with spirulina sprinkled on top

4. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

yummy!!
    Mine were active for about 3 weeks after they all surfaced. But now they are all in coma's again. But tonight they are getting woke up!

5. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Yay! Glad to see you've got some action!=)3 of mine were out when i got home from work. Being it was at 5:30pm i was shocked that they were up!=)

6. thetruechina

Trixie what did you do to wake them up?

7. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

They all sleep in the shower caddy every night..really. So I just pick them up for a sec or 2 and put them back cause they have a tantrum. But no luck as soon as I put them down they nestled around a bit and then they were out like a light again.
    With all the rain we have been having I have been letting the dogs in the house a little more than normal since they are not shedding right now so maybe they can smell them and are just staying hidden. But I do have a mini schnauzer that is in the house all the time. I don't know maybe their just lazy.

8. thetruechina

yeah i tried that tonight didnt work they just went right back to sleep and i got a feast for them picky babies

9. Klabelle

I always do the pickup thing and they just kinda throw a fit and go back to snuggling under a plant walking over everything in their path just to say "hah that's for waking me up".
    They'll kick dirt in their water and food too =|
    Especially my larger crab Apollo.

I learned how to get him active today though,
    I moved the light and turned it on attempting to try something new to not turn it into the desert humidity...
    He thinks the light is God and walked over from his sleep then stood in front of the bulb staring kinda mesmerized.
    When I turned the light off, he hid in his shell poking his little eyes out of his shell then went to hide in the corner where the bulb was lit up :chuckle:

10. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Mine sleep in the shower caddy right below the lights. They have alot of places to sleep but they want to sleep there.

11. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Mine have their favorite places at the top corrners of the tank. One hermie (speedy) is always up day or night. I love watching them sleep though its so cute=)

12. thetruechina

had food scattered everywhere this morning i guess they loved there hamburger and egg omlett. hehehe got that all cleaned up and just put some dry food in there while im at work with a muffin from the addticion shop caught super on it just as i was walking out the door. any suggestions on how to keep the nets up and staying on the hook?

13. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Mine go crazy for homemade popcorn!! They'll all come running and drag it off and hide it!! Haha.
    As for the hooks. I use 3M command hooks. They come in a bunch of sizes and they stay put until you take them down=) and they're sturdy and hold the net well=) I have a bunch in my tank=) I think a lot of people here use them=)

14. thetruechina

maybe i worded that wrong the hook stayed in place but the net didnt im wandering if i have the net pulled to tight.

15. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

yeah you might have it pulled too tight. Sometimes its easier for them to climb on too if it has a little slack. And the net stays on better that way too, i had that problem at first too. I have net on 3 walls of my tank. Along with net strung diagonal for a short cut. the top corners is where mine always hang out. I have a 3 crab pile up in one corner right now haha.

16. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I always tied mine on the hook with string. It works

17. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

:hahahaha: Katz, that was soooooo funny!!! "he stands in awe..." hahahaha!!

18. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

Some of mine are like that too. If I let the sun shine in the tank they'll just stand and look out like its the most amazing thing ever haha.

19. Klabelle

It's so cute when he does it though, if I could get a pic for his little expression at that moment, you would all definitely see the cuteness and hilarity of it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.