1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

female pp needs a buddy

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by victoria, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victoria

victoria "Preparing For First Molt"

my female pp needs a buddy she's sad and I hope to get her a buddy in a week or two.:(

2. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

When I got my first hermit crab, Hermie, I didn't know that they were supposed to have a mate. No one told me at the place I bought him. He used to just mope around not really doing anything.
    Then I got Diego and they turned into the best of friends. Playing, climbing, you name it.
    They both passed a while back, but I have a really cute picture of Diego sitting on top of Hermie, and they're both looking right at the camera :)
    Your crab will appreciate the company, and they're very entertaining as a bunch.
    Good luck!

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

When I first started I had 2 crabs. But if one was down or hiding in a hidey the other one seemed so lonely so i got 4 more and then another one so I had seven. But then because 4 went down to molt at the same time I only had three so then I added a few more so there were 12. An now there are 14. But only 7 are up right now but I know they're doing this to me so I'll get more buddies for them. And I'm going to stand fast and not get any more for that tank. However, I just got a tank full (15) of small and tiny ones.

4. victoria

I'd like a small crab. or two or three.:)

5. hehoo

hehoo Hi, I'm New Here!

I have a few, are you near? I'm in California ...

6. victoria

I live in colorado.

7. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

If you have "Freecycle" online in your area, that might be a good place to advertise for unwanted crabbies.

8. hehoo

hehoo Hi, I'm New Here!

I don't really understand how to use freecycle

9. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

If it's okay for me to elaborate, Freecycle is a great website for getting free stuff. You have to sign-up/register. People can post offers and wanted ads. When you see something offered that you want, you send that person an e-mail indicating your interest. If that person gets multiple replies, they have the right to select who they want to give the item to....always indicating that you can pick-up ASAP is always a good thing. Alos, meeting to swap in a public place or taking a buddy with you is a MUST....you can never be too careful. I got a really great LL Bean corner computer desk...perfect condition...absolutely free:eek:. It operates very similar to Craigslist, but the only catch is that everything if completely free, no swapping or strings attached...also, no porch or curbside pick-up....although I have done porch pick-ups from people and vie versa....the idea is to be polite and meet new people. I've also unloaded all sorts of imaginable stuff on Freecycle...Usually you join a forum for you geographical area. I've yet to see hermit crabs offered, but I've been thinking about posting a wanted ad for some crabs and tanks....some mom who's tired of taking care of hermies is bound to answer :D! If you live in a large city I bet you can find some new hermie friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.