1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite foods

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by Crabbylassie, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabbylassie

Crabbylassie Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi everyone! :hello:
    I've been busy changing from a 10 gallon to a 29 gallon tank...crabs seem to love all the extra room. Now for my question, do your crabs have any certain foods they go nuts over? I can't tell which foods mine like the most since they aren't very big and eat small amounts. I placed an order with vckums :hail: and got a large variety of foods, not sure how to feed some. Are the dried peas, corn etc. supposed to be fed dry or moistened. Suggestion: on sample packs mine don't tell what they are...if my crabs like it...I won't know what to order next. Would really like to find something my crabs go nuts for. :hermez:

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

If the humidity is good in the tank the dry corn,beans,peas should be moist an hour or so after putting it in the tank

3. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Build a mix is great, also fun to build! Give any of Vicki's food mixes a try, they are sure to become favorites. Bee pollen and honey are more hermit hits. Some of the fresh food choices are smashed chicken bone, coconut,mango,shrimp, and kill are just a few.

4. Mini.Mrs.Crabs

Mini.Mrs.Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

Hmmmmm, my crabs go crazy for dried up maple leaves and roses! I stick them in the cholla wood and they climb it and pull the roses and maple leaves out and eat them! They loooove them!

5. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

in the fall last year I was crunching maple leaves & pear leaves by the bag full. Making sure they didn't have bugs on them and they were dried out. I did put some bright red not so dried out ones in the tank and they loved them. I got maple & oak bark in the tank to a lot of the times. I took it out today cause it had been in the corner caddy for a long time time and they were staying up there just eating the wood.
    I bought a mango last night & tried it today.YUCK! I hope they like it, cause I don't.. it's slimey and has a dry coating after taste to me.

6. DEBBIE

DEBBIE "First Molt In Progress"

Marley goes nuts for pecans. I buy the ones used in baking and break them up small.

Debbie

7. imported_CrabHappy

imported_CrabHappy "Never Molted"

:add:

Well, I don't quite have my shelled babies just yet (one of those research-before-you-buy-a-single-thing people!) but I can tell you what Mandee likes to eat.. :chuckle:

Nothin' but pizza lunchables, fruit, and juice. Kid food for the win. :woohoo:

8. Iblab crab

Iblab crab (Micro Crab)

The only fresh food my pp's like are apples,I have found that pp's are picky and prefer dried over fresh foods. They do love the foods from The Addiction Store,oak and maple leaves,dried shrimp,caledula,earthworms,oak bark.
    My crabs are healthy and have grown with 5/6 molts each. I like the different variety's of food The Addiction Store offers that you just can not find anywhere else.
    IBlab crab

9. mom_of_3

mom_of_3 (Micro Crab)

Mine love scrambled eggs, rib meat (bbq'ed use seasoned oak for the fire not charcoal... NOT baked and of course unseasoned), krill, Fluckers Medley mix (dried crickets, meal worms, and krill),fresh apples, and so far 2 kinds of organic baby food the chicken and veggies and the the apples and apricot mixes.

10. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

ok, I blab crab. mine will not eat bugs. Im sure i have all pp's. 4 in the proccess of doing 29 gal, they are in ten. no one in my tank will touch bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.