1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Crabitat Decorations, Whats Yours?

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by CudaCrabby, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG] [​IMG] Ok whats everyone favorite crabitat decorations, ones you already have or ones you would like to get for your crabbies.?

Mine would have to be the skywalk thingy i threw together in the main 50gal viv its a used big fake driftwood we use to use for the fresh water fish few yrs ago, plus i attached a real drift wood branch to that it looks cool and they have tons fun on it. [​IMG] My other things would be my medium bonsi tree stump hidey house my hermies love it. Theres lots things i plan on getting in the future and larger version of the bonsi tree stump and also a hallow log with mushrooms and moss all fake of course. But i would love to get me some natural coral. [​IMG] [​IMG] I saw this really cute and cool ceramic little garden peice it was in the shape of a mushroom and had a cute snail on it with a cute door way opening big enough for medium hermies to get thru, there was also one with a frog on it as well i think it would make cute hermie homes. [​IMG]

2. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

I would have to say it's this piece of wood standing tall with lots of ivy leaves on it and all the other ivy. [​IMG] I did see this really cute cermic thing that kind of looks like rocks and has turtles on it. [​IMG] I love turtles and collect turtle nik naks.

3. CudaCrabby

[​IMG]Awwww that little rock and turtle decoration sounds real cute Tricia.. [​IMG]
    Heres one of the toad houses i was talking about its tera cota it could be painted with non toxic paint to look even better..

Front..

4. CudaCrabby

[​IMG]And the back side, i would more than likely have it turned on a angle so we could see both sides and it says its bottomless so the hermies can dig while in it.. I could also have JR cut the front doors open so it would have 2 door openings..

Backside.

5. CudaCrabby

[​IMG] And then i found this one, with some fake plants around it and maybe few drift wood parts it would look awsome for small to almost medium size hermies.. Its not bottomless i know i can fix that prob quick.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. SuperMom

Ohhh, Tracey those are so cute. [​IMG] Where did ya find them and how much? [​IMG]

7. CudaCrabby

[​IMG]Thanks Tricia there on eBay just type in mushroom toad house and it should take you to them if not let me know also check for things under the sculpture/statues, i think there alittle pricey well not to bad considering the first one tera cota is a good size deco, but hey it could be a one of a kind hermie deco that others do not have.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. SuperMom

[​IMG] thanks Tracey, I'll check it out. [​IMG]

9. CudaCrabby

[​IMG] [​IMG]Your very very welcome, if ya have any probs just let me know and i will find it and post the link for you.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. mari61960

mari61960 "Never Molted"

Ooooo Toad Houses...what a great idea [​IMG]

11. CudaCrabby

[​IMG] [​IMG]See there a catchy little hot item aint they.. [​IMG] [​IMG] Theres another one as well thats already painted i do belive its a resin type material that its made out of and has flowers on it and a little snail up top. There very cute and can be used for many things.. Im gona tell JR i want one or 2 for a early x-mass present.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Love4HermitCrabs

Love4HermitCrabs (Micro Crab)

Mine and my Hermie's fav is the house/hut thing my Hubby made for them out of the 2 foot choya's that Crabmom used to sell. They love it and when I go to get them out for their daily play time I always find them on it and under it.
    Sandra
    P.S. Oops I forgot to use a Smiley [​IMG]

13. SuperMom

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sandra you are to funny [​IMG]

14. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

I bought this jungle vine from the reptile section at my local pet store.. it's great- you can twist it and shape however you like, and all of my crabs love to climb all over it. It's really what got me so addicted to them, I just love to watch them climbing. Also, I have a big aquarium store by me that sells odds and ends of cork bark really cheap (by weight!).. I found this awesome hollow log with a little scoop/tunnel on the bottom that I stand upright like a tree, the crabs love to climb up the inside of it and hide, and they climb all over the outside of it too. I twirled some jungle vine around the outside of the "tree" to make it easier for the little ones.

15. SuperMom

Hi BL00DYMARY, welcome to the board. It's a great site glad you joined. [​IMG]

16. BL00DYMARY

Hi! I love this place! It's so nice to have all of this information that seems to be so hard to find elsewhere. I've had crabs for almost two years, and only recently discovered that I had so much to learn about them.

17. BL00DYMARY

My cork bark "tree".. I think I paid about 97 cents for this:
    [​IMG]

18. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

Hey Bloodymary, I have that same reptile vine! They're great. I bought one of the 6' Fluker's vines to wrap around it so it would have leaves and stuff to crawl and hide in, and stretched it the length of the crabitat clear up high. I have one in each tank, and they love them!

I really have to get off my butt and take some pics. LOL

19. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

Yeah, thsoe viens look like the crabs would really have fun with them
    Also, if you all are still looking for the toad houses, I see them at Wal Mat lawn and garden in the spring and summer. Probably can get them at a lot of garden centers too.But if Wal Mart doens't change their crabbing techniques, I am going to boycott them.
    I have boycotted Exxon gas since the oil spill, how many years ago was that, at least 16 years. When it comes to animal cruelity, I can get really stubborn, as the animals have no voice. The only way to make a difference, sometimes, is hit them in their pocket books.
    Sorry, got to rambling, off topic to boot!
    I just ordered them a jungle gym for the new tank(if I ever get them in it)
    Will take some pics of it later and post them.

20. Flower

Flower Hi, I'm New Here!

I have one of those 15 X 8 plastic bonsi trees. i really like the way water pools in the leave when i mist the crabitat. inexpensive and fashionable [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.