1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout 3 Chronolog (Last Update 8-05-09)

Discussion in 'Game House' started by MAD, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

(The following is a fictitious diary/journal of my alter-ego in Fallout 3 as he explores the capital wasteland)
    I am having trouble with my screenshots as all image hosting sites have decided to become worthless today

8-04-2277

Today, my life has changed forever. I had to make a rather hasty and unwilling escape from the security of vault 101, following the disappearance of my father.

Everything hit the fan at around 3am this morning, when Amata violently shook me awake. She was very distraught, and kept compelling me to leave. After calming her down, she informed me of my father's unexpected departure, and that when he left, the vault was suddenly overridden with several large mutant roach like creatures. Amata also informed me of the havoc they were wreaking, and how the inhabitants of the vault were blaming my father, and had killed his assistant Jonas for some unknown reason She once again begged me to leave, as vault security personnel were searching for me, so they could interrogate me, or worse. She then offered me her father's 10mm pistol. I refused, and told her to keep it, as she may have more need of it than I, since she was our leader's daughter, and a possible target.

After assuring her that I would meet her at the vault entrance, she left. All of my normal clothes were at the laundry, and as such I decided it best to don my engineer's coveralls, as well as my Lincoln Top Hat leftover from last year's Halloween. At that point I began stuffing my few remaning possessions into my old worn C-Bag. (My Lever action-bb gun, my baseball equipment, and the small figurine from my father's desk)

I then armed myself with the baseball bat, and began sneaking through the corridors of vault 101 to the entrance. About halfway there I passed the brig, only to see the overseer and an officer interrogating Amata. Thier backs were to me, Amata was crying, and the door was open. I quietly creeped up behind them both, and struck the security officer on the back of his neck with my bat, he went down, Amata ran away from the room, and the overseer immediately ran to the corner shaking.

For some reason I spared him, and just walked away shaking my head. I made my way to the Vault main-door, and found the corpse of my father's assitant and my friend, Johnas. He had been shot in the head. In his left hand he cluched a small data disk. I could hear the running, heavy footsteps of the vault security behind me. I snached the disk, and ran for the vault door. Amata was there waiting for me, and we managed to get it open. I will never forget that first violent blast of hot, outside air that hit me head on...... But there was no time to dwell on the novelty of it all. The place where I grew up, my safe haven underground was no longer safe. Amata and I shared a hasty farewell, and she closed the vault door behind me....

[img width=400 height=250]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9391/screenshot1fav.png[/img]
    By jrhendricks at 2009-08-04

The sunlight here is bright and unbearable. The air is hot and stale, the water puddles are filthy and bear trace ammounts of radiation. I must press on.

[img width=400 height=250]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4564/screenshot0iuw.png[/img]

2. MAD

The data disc that I snatched from Jonas was an audio recording from my father. This is all I have left of him, for the moment. In it he begged me to stay inside the vault and live a long and happy life. I doubt he knows of my situation, and Am I sure he will understand my decision to leave and pursue him.

Nearby the entrance to the vault, there is a ramshackle town that is built around a large crater, (I am estimating about 300 meters across) at the base of which is a large, undetonated implosion type bomb. The town is surrounded by a 20 foot high barricade made from scavenged steel plates and roofing tin.
    [img width=400 height=250]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7373/screenshot9q.png[/img]
    The buildings inside the barracade are made from similar materials. I can only assume that resources must be scarce out here, just as they are in the vault. Nothing is wasted.
    [img width=400 height=250]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2510/screenshot11l.png[/img]

Inside the gates, I was greeted by a fairly pleasant individual who introduced himself as "Lucas Sims", after asking me for my name and business, he brought me up to speed on the current situation out here in the wasteland.
    [img width=400 height=250]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5122/screenshot10p.png[/img]

The town is called "Megaton" after the bomb at the base of the crater. I also learned that a man matching my fathers description was in the area a day before, and that I should go talk to the owner of the tavern (Moriarity) for more information. Lucas has warned me to be on my guard however, as Moriarity has a less than impeccable reputation.

Everyone else in the town is arrogant and aloof, they break off eye contact with me and walk away. I have also noticed that everyone here has a projectile weapon, everyone but me however.

3. MAD

Lucas was right about Colin Moriarity, as he has proven to be somewhat LESS than worthless.
    [img width=400 height=250]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2130/screenshot13q.png[/img]
    His "Drinking Establishment" is a DUMP for starters, and the stench is almost unbearable. I am really starting to miss the Air-Scrubbers from Vault-101.

Colin claims to know me, and that I was not born in the vault as I was led to believe. He claims that My father came here when I was still an infant, and that we somehow gained entrance to Vault 101 as they were in need of a good doctor. He also claims to have information of my fathers whereabouts, but he refuses to tell me unless I give him something of equal or greater value. He wants 100 bottle caps (The form of currency used here now) for what he knows. (What makes this all the more disheartening is that I left my glorious bottlecap collection behind in the vault, as I figured it would be dead-weight) Since I dont have what he wants, he suggested that I work for him. Since I had no real choice, I agreed. Colin wants me to go to find a former employee of his (Named "Silver"), who claimed to be able to manufacture a type of "product" for him, so he could make a quick profit. He claims that she ran off with the initial stock purchase, and he hasnt seen her since. Supposedly she has been seen in the nearby area of "Springvale."
    [img width=400 height=250]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2640/screenshot14g.png[/img]
    I have decided to travel at night, as this way I will be less visible to raiders, as well as being able to sneak up on Silver's hideout. My major problem right now however is that I lack a decent firearm. I need to aquire one soon as my Baseball Bat will only get me so far...

4. MAD

I have found Sliver, and more importantly, I found her to be quite friendly and gregarious. She admitted to having been in the employ of Moriarity, but not as he claimed.
    [img width=400 height=250]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4751/screenshot15j.png[/img]

I found her living in one of the few houses still standing in Springvale. At first she was somewhat upset, thinking that I was there to rob her, (My bat looks pretty menacing I geuss)
    I politely and professionally informed her of the situation. She said that the money that she took was rightfully hers, and that she earned it from doing the horrible things that Colin wanted.....

She was not unsympathetic, and offered me 100 caps to give Colin, IF I told that she was not in the area.

For some reason it just seemed WRONG to take her money. I told her not to worry about Colin and to keep it. And I am nowhere closer to finding my father.......

HOWEVER, The experience was not a complete waste. Springvale and the surrounding area, despite being destroyed in the nuclear Holocaust with the Chinese 200 years ago, was a largely untapped resource. There were all manner of machine parts literally lying on the ground, as well as a few disabled vehicles, with good power cells. From these parts, I was able to fabricate a workable projectile weapon, akin to a rifle, but it uses compressed steam to fire railway spikes or pieces of re-bar. While powerful at close range, it is not very accurate, and has a magazine capacity of only 8 rounds.
    [img width=400 height=250]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4756/screenshot16mmt.png[/img]
    The Fusion Cell has to be replaced after around 30 shots, as does the water tank. I was also able to make a crude version of a small crossbow that fires thrown darts.

I cant return to Megaton just yet, as I dont have any money to pay for a room, and since they wont let me sleep out in the street, I need to find a new place to set up shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.