1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

facebook virus

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by scoobdoo, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

warning :eek:mg: had an older respected patron come to the library today said his comp is under attack from a virus, said he had p-o-r-n shooting up, can't get his e mail, do e bay, hard drive is messed up big time asked what he was doing when it all started, playing poker on facebook was his answer & with people was his answer. Told him well there is your answer, we don't allow games here anymore & we haven't had one virus since, I haven't had one on my comp either at home. Monica went to a library convention and one of the topics was the virus and why everyone was getting them and they had talked to comp people & others & said when you allows other to join your games like farm ville, pokers, yatzee, ect you get the hackers & viruses. I don't understand :dontknow: why people take the risk & play the games when you can get them & it's going to cost you some big $! I don't have the $ to spend to fix my lap top & if it goes to pot it'll be the only one I get cause I got it for x mas. I can't afford to go buy myself one.

2. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

imported_lovelylivelycrabs "First Molt, A Success"

You don't necessarily need to go buy another computer if you know your way around an operating system. Even if you need to totally reinstall windows, you can usually save almost (if not all of) your files and information. If you want a really worry-free operating system, switch to Linux (Ubuntu and Mint are my favorites). They're totally free and have virtually no virus threats. Even if a virus does come up in the community, updates are released regularly to close security holes.

It actually makes sense to go for a Linux-based computer system in public accessible areas. It's much cheaper and way simpler to deal with if something messes up.

Just my two cents. I'm going into the IT field and people ask me all the time to help fix their computers. I fixed my sister's last month and saved her files by going in through a Linux Live CD. Free operating systems are wayyyy underrated....

3. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Just my personal opinion here, this isn't the first time something like this happened. Facebook is just corrupted in general, like how they just spill your information out to everybody. I've never joined facebokk, and never plan to, I just know these things from other people.

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

nope not the first time it has happened, & won't be the last! just amazes me that people will risk their comp to all sorts of viruses. The safest way not to get them is just not to play them. I have f.b. so I can keep in touch w my brother cause he won't get hot mail, he don't trust it, go figure?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.